User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Verizon NEW Prepay Hotspot

I signed up for the NEW Verizon prepaid unlimited jetpack/hotspot plan about 5 days ago and reconfigured my home internet to go through the hotspot. In off hours I got 57 MBps download and during peak times I was getting 17 to 20 MBps downloads and between 5 and 7 MBps uploading speed. As of my last speed test I have used 80 gigs this billing period with ZERO throttling what so ever. According to the sales buy (which use to work for me) there is NO THROTTLING on this account but I'm may experience network management during high use times in certain areas. Which I would expect during any type of events that draw large crowds.

The old plans did have data caps somewhere around 15 to 22 gigs but this I have been assured doesn't have one. The best part I didn't have to sign a contract and I'm on a month to month contract so if I don't like I can cancel the account. I was also told that you can suspend the account and cost 10 bucks to restart but if I did at the store they would waive that fee.

Here is the article that got me interested in this Jetpack and if you are interest and the sale guy plays dumb it Version Plan #28366 . Here is the website the peak my interest: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...ks/#limitation

Scroll down to where it says: "The Big News: Unlimited Data for Jetpacks"
    "
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add second paragraph

We got the same plan. Looks to be really good if you have a tower with adequate bandwidth. Unfortunately, Quartzsite's tower does not.

Interestingly it looks like they don't even track the usage; the Jetpack says "Usage data is not available." They do, of course, because after 22GB you are scheduled after other traffic if the tower is busy. Before 22GB, you compete at the same priority with others for bandwidth. I'm wondering whether Midlands LTVA (Blythe, CA) will be as heavily loaded.
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This plan has been out for about 2 weeks and supposes to be a 22 gig cap or any data cap at all. I at 80 gigs and still run two TV on Netflix and one running 4k. I can see being slower in places like Quartzsite when there is large groups of people put pressure on the available bandwidth. We not far from the college football stadium and even our phones will give the fast beep on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    We got the same plan. Looks to be really good if you have a tower with adequate bandwidth. Unfortunately, Quartzsite's tower does not.

Interestingly it looks like they don't even track the usage; the Jetpack says "Usage data is not available." They do, of course, because after 22GB you are scheduled after other traffic if the tower is busy. Before 22GB, you compete at the same priority with others for bandwidth. I'm wondering whether Midlands LTVA (Blythe, CA) will be as heavily loaded.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let’s see how this plan plays out a year from now. Verizon in my experience has a tarnished reputation for selling one thing and delivering another.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it a month to month contract I can cancel at any time and all I'm out is the price of the equipment. Until then I will enjoy the service and watch a lot steaming video. I have two TVs running Netflix right now and one of them is on a 4K show and the Jetpack is handling it without buffering.

Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Let’s see how this plan plays out a year from now. Verizon in my experience has a tarnished reputation for selling one thing and delivering another.
    Dennis & Ellie

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Since it a month to month contract I can cancel at any time and all I'm out is the price of the equipment. Until then I will enjoy the service and watch a lot steaming video. I have two TVs running Netflix right now and one of them is on a 4K show and the Jetpack is handling it without buffering.
    Steaming video?

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Steaming video?
    Yep - we do it all the time. Full-length HD movies with no buffering (we use an Amazon Fire Stick and/or the Samsung smart TV). The plan has actually been out for a little over a month - here's my original thread on the subject:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-MiFi-hotspots

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    I think Kim was referring to the temperature of the videos LOL,

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yep - we do it all the time. Full-length HD movies with no buffering (we use an Amazon Fire Stick and/or the Samsung smart TV). The plan has actually been out for a little over a month - here's my original thread on the subject:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-MiFi-hotspots

Rob
    Well Rob, I'm quite familiar with stReaming video but steaming video not so much. It was a little joke on a misspelling in Dennis's post.

Ahem..... carry on!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Dennis
    Do you already have Verizon service?
    Did you get any additional discounts?

What was the finally monthly fee?

I have the ATT Mobley hotspot now. It's a 3G hotspot designed for cars. I have a 110 adapter and use the Mobley at home or camping. The Mobley was a limited time offering at $20.00 unlimited usage with no buffering. I just tested and got 26.9 Download and 7.8 upload.
    I would like another carrier so when ATT is not available I would have another option.

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast