User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim

Some things you are experiencing are due to the stiffer side wall. When I had my 1/2 ton and went to D-range tires it was a huge difference in both driving and towing. The stiffer side walls reduce the squishy-ness of the tire and maintain a lot more tread contact to the road surface. The only problem is they might be a little more slippy on wet or snowy roads. ( sorry for the highly technical terms used in this post).

Brian

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Jim

Some things you are experiencing are due to the stiffer side wall. When I had my 1/2 ton and went to D-range tires it was a huge difference in both driving and towing. The stiffer side walls reduce the squishy-ness of the tire and maintain a lot more tread contact to the road surface. The only problem is they might be a little more slippy on wet or snowy roads. ( sorry for the highly technical terms used in this post).

Brian
    Brian,
    I was actually looking for a D rated tire but anymore its P or E if you want a Michelin. I was concerned about spending so much and losing my ride quality but using the inflation charts, the ride is not an issue. I could move to 35 psi but I also at times run at 80 mph (empty) and would like the tires to stay on the rims. The E rated Michelins are almost 10lbs heavier than the P rated tire I replaced.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LT275/70R 18 LTX Michelin's wore great on my 2015 F-350. I kept them at 80 psi rear and 70 psi front. They wore even and lasted 48k before replacing. The Toyo tires I ran on my 2001 F-250 would always wear the center out and last maybe 25k. While the ride in the 2018 DRW is nicer than the 01 F-250 I never noticed a big difference at 50 psi or 80 psi. The weight in the back made the difference for me.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12