User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just confirms that you and Cate did the right thing getting out of the trailer !
    Tornados take their own path and you just never know where they'll go.
    This not as northerner as you goes home in the spring to potential tornados. Spring is the season therre . All though lately it seems tornados know no season.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    That just confirms that you and Cate did the right thing getting out of the trailer !
    Hi Marcy,

Our park has one building designated for residents with pets. A whole bunch of cats and dogs in the same room with thunder and lightning outside . . . now, that was interesting !!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope everyone is okay and that your rigs come through the storms okay.

All the dogs and cats must have been interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, its Great you got through this with minimal damage. 75 mph winds in a campground would be crazy.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 12-20-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marci Gary and Rob,

We are at our home in Bradenton today. With the rain our pool overflowed first time since we have lived here. The large pond behind our home is at the highest level I’ve ever seen it.

It was interesting trying to get our dog to go out. She hates rain. She held her stuff from about 8 pm last night until about 2 pm today. There was a break in the rain early afternoon and when I took the dog out every neighbor with a dog seemed to be doing the same.

Out Reflection is kept in a safe location under cover.

Fortunately no hail but lots of wind and rain.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My printer slid out from the "attic" while traveling and rested against the slide out wall. When it opened it was stuck between the trim and the wall, the trim lost. My wife double checks opening and closing now!
    Stephen & Janell
    2019 Momentum 397TH, 2019 Lance 1172 TC
    06 Ram 3500 4X4 Cummins, Polaris RZR 800S, 6X6 500, Pro R 800, Pro S 600, LS XR4140H Tractor
    Cessna 180 on floats, P-Ponk 520 Super Eagle, Camaro RS/SS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Marci Gary and Rob,

We are at our home in Bradenton today. With the rain our pool overflowed first time since we have lived here. The large pond behind our home is at the highest level I’ve ever seen it.

It was interesting trying to get our dog to go out. She hates rain. She held her stuff from about 8 pm last night until about 2 pm today. There was a break in the rain early afternoon and when I took the dog out every neighbor with a dog seemed to be doing the same.

Out Reflection is kept in a safe location under cover.

Fortunately no hail but lots of wind and rain.
    Hold onto your hat today!! And if you have small dogs add weight so they don't blow off lol. Just heard they closed the Skyway due to winds..40 plus gusts all day.
    Our screen room is holding it's own so far with the extra guy lines added during that rain break. We had the same experience with the little rain break yesterday. All the dog owners in the park were out in force during that little window. There are quite a few dogs in the park.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're staying in the Kissimmee area; yesterday was a very wet day to say the least. All of the sites in our part of the park were under several inches of water, and the street was a river for hours. We had tornado watches and severe t-storm warnings but nothing much happened other rain and wind. Sydney spent most of the day on Mommy's lap - he did NOT like all that commotion. He, too, was a trooper waiting for a lull to do his stuff. Still having showers and high wind warnings today. The upside of yesterday's rain was it gave me a chance to look for leaks. Didn't find any, thankfully. Took a few hours to reseal the shower door since both ends of the lower track leaked profusely. Glad to hear everyone faired well.
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling the slides in during high winds was the right choice. Exiting stage left to shelter was the right choice.

We have been in strong enough storms that the sideways blowing rain was driven through the seals on the windward side, it's only happened twice in 8 years, but it does happen.

Epic slide fails, day 2 of owning our first 5th wheel I left a board on the floor and ripped a big gouge in the linoleum, DW was not happy with me. I made up for it my putting laminate wood flooring in.

Broom fell out of the holder and was laying sideways, got caught on the window, fortunately I have learned that if the slide is not moving normally instantly stop and look, small dent in the window frame.

Impossible to see, plastic bathroom glass bounced out of it's holder, fell down the stairs, and got wedged at the base of the slide, again with the awareness thing, only pulled the trim out about 1/2 inch before I realized something was wrong.

Door opened, CD and books fell to the floor, DW yelled hey stop, there are books falling out of the slide...

Dog water bowl slid behind slide, we have an oval shaped dog water bowl.

Those doors in the front of the living room, like your original post, have always concerned me. I bump them all before sliding to make sure they are latched. But as I sit here and look at them and think about this I am thinking about changing the hinges around so the doors open from the other side. The way they are now they make a perfect catch if open while sliding out. Sliding in you can see them.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something similar happened to us on our way to Fort Wilderness. We had a foldable computer table stored in the space between the couch and street side wall. I'm guessing during a hard stop in Atlanta the table moved. When my wife opened the slide there was a large cracking noise. She stopped the slide and checked. The table slid behind and the OSB broke pulled a couple of screws out and of course popped the trim. The FW is only 3 months old. She was on the verge of tears. I told her I could fix it and a few days later while sitting at FW I was able to. If you are sitting on the street side of the couch and look at the edge of the slide you can see a piece of trim that is cracked. That is it. Now when the slide is opening we stop when we are able to walk around the island and check to make sure nothing is behind the slides. The computer table is now stored behind the couch.
    Terry & Laureen
    Illinois & Canada
    2018 F-350 B.A.R.T (Big ********** Red Truck)
    2019 Solitude 384GK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast