User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch also!
    Been there done that also......what a bad design also.
    Good reminder for all!
    Thanks
    Tom
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "lesson" happened on the very first night I brought the rig home.
    Had to drive from Jacksonville to Boca and got into John Prince Park right at sunset.
    There's a bank of drawers in the corner desk and I never checked how DEEP they were while doing my walk-thru !!

Well, I start putting out that slide and heard a God awful crunching noise !! YIKES!!!
    Panicked...I stopped and walked back to find the top drawer was all crunched up and the slide trim was popping off slide room end.
    Ran back to extend slide in and retracted the drawer (after wrestling it back into shape !)
    GD does make good drawers !!
    The drawer survived but entire slide trim was loose now and had a quarter inch gap between wall edge and trim.

Wound up having to remove outer trim and trim base
    that had popped from the aluminum framing due to the pressure and countersink the bulging screw holes from the rear of the 1 X 6 trim base.
    Pretty amazing how strong these 1" laminated walls really are !!
    There was NO lamination separation at the end aluminum tube or on either interior or exterior wall !!
    Replaced the base wt new screws and the trim with a brad nailer and looks like it never happened....

Needless to say, I installed baby locks on those drawers soon thereafter

Michael & Cindy
    '17 Reflection 307 MKS
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 01-29-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first experience with this was on our last 5th wheel. Our bunkhouse had a bank of cupboards on the rear wall and somehow one door was open during transit. I'd never had any issues and while I was extending the bunkhouse slide I heard the nasty crunch sound. Upon inspecting I found that one of the doors had been torn off resulting in a mangled hinge and some screws ripped out.
    It wasn't too bad and I was able to salvage the hinge after some gental hammering and bending, filled in the screw holes with some glue/sawdust and re-hung it later.
    I was lucky, and ended up putting on some straps with snaps to keep those doors closed.
    It's bad enough when things break on their own but worse when it's user caused...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am not wanting to report what happened to me, BUT, in the 311BHS there s a rear 3/4 bath. With a door, that is right where the rear slide moves. Well, my mother law, did not fully close that door, and I did not check properly, so when going down the road, the door opened behind the closed slide. Put out slide, the door got CRUSHED! Lesson learned, Check ,Check and double Check. But I already knew this....
    Last edited by phonemannn; 02-06-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike- first time I opened kitchen slide on our 307MKS, I heard a crunch. Seems the left freezer door, which is necessary to be left open during storage, got caught on the trim. Now we open the table/recliner slide first and close the freezer door if open. A sure "gotcha" on 307's. Never thought about desk drawers though. Thanks for the post as I will be checking them!
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone installed an exterior slide control switch? My last trailer had a remote control which was useless for everything except I could stand outside and operate slides. I was thinking if I could put a switch in the outside storage compartment it would allow me to be outside and hopefully catch the outside before it hit something.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    Mike- first time I opened kitchen slide on our 307MKS, I heard a crunch. Seems the left freezer door, which is necessary to be left open during storage, got caught on the trim. Now we open the table/recliner slide first and close the freezer door if open. A sure "gotcha" on 307's. Never thought about desk drawers though. Thanks for the post as I will be checking them!
    Hi Dawg,
    I installed baby drawer locks on all drawers.... eliminated that problem .
    Just open when stopped, and leave unlatched.... but gotta be sure all are closed when departing OTW ...OOPS, not again !!
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t just check inside, check out too. Rig was parked outside house but closer to garage than normal to get some minor things done without having to haul things too far. Started opening the slides and thought Hmmm, that one seems a little stiff. Next thing Wham! Just knocked over pedestal mailbox. No damage to RV but had to put in a new mailbox.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Reflection 28bh has a drawer in the step into the bunkhouse. Unfortunately the drawer tends to slide open in transit.

Worse of all, because the main big slide is in during transit, that drawer is hidden by the slide! So when you go to open the slide, CRAAAAACK!!! The drawer gets crushed as the edge of the slide catches it. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I'm going to glue and brad nail it all back together. Then I'm going to put a latch on the face of the drawer so there's no way it can come open during transit. It's just a stupid design.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of us like to admit it but most of us have been there. We got home from a trip. I set up the camper in it’s normal summer spot. Leveled put out the slides etc. etc. The DW and I unload everything that doesn’t stay in it. Later in the evening she asked if I had seen her iPad. I didn’t think anything out of the ordinary she’s good for misplacing that and her phone. She went and checked in the camper. When she returned she wasn’t happy. Apparently she left it on the couch. Wouldn’t you know when I went out, it was on the floor bent at a 90*angle behind the slide.😳. Expensive mistake!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast