Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 328M/Jensen JWM70A - Video output to outside TV not working

I have a 2019 Momentum 328 which came with the Jensen JWM70A head unit. The unit uses an HDMI connection for A/V to the main TV inside the coach, which works fine. I just realized the Jensen unit also has A/V (RCA type) cables attached to the audio and video output which appear to go to the outside TV. My dealer told me it was only hooked to the inside TV. When I select A/V input on the outside TV I get "no signal". I called the tech line at Jensen and confirmed that the JWM70A is capable of using both outputs. Does anyone have a similar setup that works? Does anyone have any knowledge of the cable routing? Is it a solid run or does it go through any pass-throughs, or junction boxes? I haven't started troubleshooting it yet, just looking for info. Will probably fiddle with it this weekend. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pep0407, did you ever get this sorted out? I have the same issue on the outside tv-- "no signal". The rca cable is *not* attached to the tv. I can see that the coax is attached (using phone camera). TV doesn't pick signal no matter what source I select. I was trying to figure out how to detach tv from mount (this is the outside tv). I can not see (with my phone camera) any mechanism for release. Went through all my included manuals.. no mention.

Any advise appreciated!
    Taz (Vizsla)-- Lead Dog
    Steve and Karen-- Team
    >>>-------------------->
    2017 Ford 350 6.7 DRW
    2018 GD 328 Momentum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I looked at the bedroom mount and figured out it is just a slide up/out situation. It felt so snug on the outside tv.. I didn't want to break anything forcing it. So, I was able to pull tv off mount and switch around the coax to the two coax options.. no joy. "No signal" on tv device option.

If anyone has some experience with getting their outside tv working (how it's wired, settings.. etc) I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not well versed on your specific model, but others as well as myself have found may loose or not connected coax connections. This may be a contributing factor, also if watching over the air channels using the TV antenna on top of RV you will need to have the booster turned on. Not sure on your unit where that might be.
    Just trying to help.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    Thanks for the input. I pulled the tv off of the mount and checked the coax cable.. tight on the tv and tight on one of the 2 outlet ends. Then switched to the other input on the outlet with the same result.

Then I pulled a working coax from another tv and used that testing the same two connection options.. no go.

And thanks for the tip on the antenna booster.. green light on! Appreciate the effort!

Steve

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you been behind the "wall"? The false basement wall there are lots of connections behind there and through out the camper , maybe even behind the wall plate you are connecting to.

Brian
    Last edited by Country Campers; 03-29-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    Thanks for the lead. I'll dig a little deeper.

Steve

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I can probably help with this: I'm 95% sure that the outside TV is not hooked up to the Jensen head unit, at ALL. If it were, it'd be hooked up with HDMI, not COAX.

The COAX is hooked up to your antenna.

Yes, this is extremely stupid, and I was SO annoyed when I realized this. I'm planning on hooking up an HDMI cable run at some point into the RV, so I can at least watch something decent instead of just a freaking antenna show.

Side benefit? Those big speakers right NEXT to the TV? Yeah, they aren't connected to the TV at all. Because that was clever.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our Momentum 351m the outside TV is connected via RCA (Red, White, Yellow) connections. I believe the jensen only has one HDMI output and it runs to the main TV inside. In order for our outside tv to work ,the RCA cables are connected and I have to select input on the outside TV remote and switch to A/V input.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting! I'll have to look closer at mine...

Btw, this just highlights how cheap the Jensen unit is. One HDMI output? Really?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MightyBobo; 04-05-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast