Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

376TH Winter Propane Usage

I have looked at the initial numbers for propane usage. We have been at ski area for three weeks. Temps have been as low a -2 and as high as 47. Mean temperature of all the highs and lows is 26f.

I have purchased 47 gallons of propane. I am averaging about 2.25 gallons a day. Of course when it's colder it burns faster, when it's warmer it burns slower.

I have purchased another 40# tank, giving me 2 30# and 2 40#. Unless the lows drop down into single digit or below I can go a week.

Propane price is $2.95 a gallon.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started another thread on propane use with our 310GK that is currently parked in Belgrade, MT. I have had the trailer parked there for 8 days and have just emptied the first 100 lb bottle. I brought two 100 lb bottles with me plus 3 30 lb bottles. Price of propane in Belgrade is 3.90 a gallon for bottles, so I filled them at home in Worland, WY for 2.45 a gallon. A 100 lb bottle holds aproximately 25 gallons of propane. Temps have been single digits to low 30's with exception of yesterday making it into the low 40's. Snow was on the ground and melted and a little snow is back. 100 lb bottles are very heavy when full, but keep me from having to change out bottles as much when the heater runs a lot. The 100 lb bottles have adapters on them so that the trailer hose will connect up to the valve and they sit the right height so that the hoses reach fine with the compartment door left open. I wire the door to the bottle so it doesn't bang in the wind.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop