Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on disc brake install

Currently installing disc brake kit from Performance trailer braking. In the bearing kits they shipped oil bath caps. Has anyone seen this before? I am confused in how to proceed as all the YouTube videos show just replacing the factory dust caps. I called Performance today but no one answered. Understandably as its Saturday before Christmas. Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dust caps that came with my Titan Disc Brake kit (from Stopyourtrailer . . . not Performance) were identical to the OE dust caps. Even had the rubber caps for access to the zerk fittings . . . which (of course!) I will never use.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1824.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. Michael at Performance called me back. Suprising before the holiday so that was nice. He said that Titan had attempted to develop the oil bath system but could not get the seals to work in an acceptable manner. Michael said to use the clear caps and grease them per the installation instructions. Hope this will help someone else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk