User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes
    I have the LTX'a on my dully. Excellent traction, ride quality, and tread wear. Never had a flat either.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will vouch for Michelins also. I have the Defenders on my truck and they are tough tires. Good wear and excellent off road performance in spite of being a highway tread tire. Had a recent experience where I made a wrong turn at the land fill and ended up in about 8” of pancake batter consistency mud pulling a roughly 10,000# gross weight dump trailer. Had to back up and turn around no problems with 4x4 engaged. So far so good.

Had run a set of Firestone Destination AT prior to the Michelins and just didn’t get good mileage out of them.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like my defenders on my TV. It came with Firestone Transforce but I only got 25k out of them I’m starting on my second set of Michelin’s now after getting 50k on the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's tough to decide, like you I have had Michelin LTX's for many years. Yup the cost extra. I researched and researched trying to reduce my tire expense. Really liked the Cooper tires. Liked the Goodrich tires. Liked the Goodyear tires. But the day I went in to purchase new tires just got the Michelin LTX again.

If it aint broke don't fix it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Are they worth the extra cost in your opinion?

I'm due for another set.

Red
    Yes, yes and yes. They are simply the best truck tire on the planet in my opinion. I have 44,000 on my OEM Michelins and I thought I might get 60,000 out of them but lately I'm thinking I may replace them at 55,000. Do a lot of heavy towing. I told this story in another thread but my dad got over 90,000 miles out of a set of highway tread Michelins on his F250 with the 7.3 Power Stroke. He pulled a bunkhouse travel trailer with it a lot (not a real heavy trailer, just like a 26' model) and also had a cabover camper he put on it from time to time while pulling a little enclosed trailer behind it. I could not believe the mileage he got out of those tires. They wouldn't have been good off road though.

I'm not saying the other tires are garbage, I've run a lot of them supplied as OEM on the vehicles I've had over the years. None ever matched a Michelin in ride quality and wear though IMO. OEM General Grabbers on my Dodge were garbage. Could barely get 40,000 out of them with religious rotation. Put a set of Hankooks on there for the off road traction at our ranch but they were garbage too. Wore unevenly no matter how much I rotated them.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Are they worth the extra cost in your opinion?

I'm due for another set.

Red
    I've always replaced my OEM tires with Michelin and have been happy with them. They typically use less weight to balance and generally have better concentricity. This Saturday I am having a set of Michelin Defenders M/S installed on my truck.
    Are they worth the extra cost? Yes.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my OEM firestones with Michelin Defenders M/S. I can't think of anything they don't do better than the firestones. I have had them on two different trucks that I used for towing. I have never had a better tire for that use. I will get them again when these wear out.

Yes, for me, they are worth the extra cost.
    Last edited by warsw1; 12-27-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now I am thinking I should not have got the Firestone. Thanks guys I guess I should have asked here first. I just did not like the Michelins for traction.

Brian

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend Michelin Defenders but I don’t ever drive in snow.

I put Michelin Defenders on my 2017 F350 with only 1,500 miles on the odometer. I removed GY Wranglers and sold them on Craig’s List.

That F350 had HD front suspension. With the Wranglers the steering was stiff and front end would wander. The Defenders really made a big difference.

I really liked the Mechelin Defenders for the quiet ride, good tracking in wet roads and did a relatively decent job of pulling the 5th wheel through a wet grass pasture in 4WD.

I traded the 17 in on a 2019 F350. The Defenders on my 17 had 20,000 miles on them and they still looked like new.

My 19 came with Wranglers. For some reason the 19 doesn’t exhibit the stiff steering and wandering that my 17 had. My 19 has standard front springs and Adaptive steering. So for now I’m keeping the Wranglers. When they need replacement I’ll put Michelin’s on.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 12-28-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been happy with the 20in Michelin LTX A/T 2's. Had the same tire on my last TV (in 18in), and 20K mi so far on the new TV. Ride is good, very little noise little noticeable wear so with about 4K mi of towing, the rest is daily driver miles.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast