User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    Hi Rob,
    I guess the million dollar question is WHY the RV industry does not simply outsource for a Pex to 5/8" (if that is the ID), three-way junction, as required in this toilet feed application ?
    Seems like a Win Win situation... IMHO .

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Hi Michael,

The problem is that the RV industry is clamping soft hose to Pex fittings in all sorts of different locations. Tees, elbows, straight fittings . . . they are doing this to avoid having "special" fittings for the soft hose. The "right" fitting for 1/2" ID hose is a 1/2" barbed fitting . . . this is well known. You can make up adapters from 1/2" barbed fitting to 1/2" Pex . . . I did this for a while, but this was more of a PITA than just swapping out all the soft hose for Pex.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Do what Rob says. I’ve been piecemealing pipe replacement for 4 years now. Just when I think I’ve got it licked, another fitting lets go. Luckily the layout of the 27RL has all the fixtures in the same genetal area so it has saved me from having to drop the coroplast to get to lines that might run to the rear of the RV(such as a rear kitchen or outside kitchen model.
    Ok this is amusing but...…"same genetal area", had me thinking

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple more things to look for. Dropped the underbelly and found a couple concerning things. Obviously a wire mess. I cleaned it up some but not as good a job as others have done. Biggest issues I found are:

1. Main battery feed cables unprotected and rubbing on sharp frame. I installed wire loom.
    2. Wires pinched under holding tanks between tank strapping. Moved wire and secured out of way of pinch points
    3. 2 holding tanks are supported by an “upside down u channel” and it was cutting into the tanks. I fixed by putting 3/8ths reinforced fuel hose over the sharp lip
    4. Adjusted the best I could the heating ducts. Originally I had zero heat flow to rear of underbelly. I was able to get marginal flow and it’s the best I think it will get.

I’ll attach some photos but they are not the best
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 96F54F18-0E52-43AD-9F7D-FD1B642AD467.jpeg   3568CFEC-70B1-4DCE-8C42-BB121915C258.jpeg   9EB87D79-36A3-429C-8B9D-E626488A50A8.jpeg  
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rob (and others) -

I just had to kinda laugh at that GD response to the questionable use of soft hose to PEX fittings when they said, "Production uses the hose in order to have less fittings within the system as for every fitting such as an elbow, you reduce flow within the system 5% leaving consumers less satisfied with performance." While that might be true in a perfect world, this photo shows that the use of soft hose has its own issues. I'm certain that that flattening of the hose has more than a 5% loss.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pipe2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	18530

This is but one of several places where the soft hose has pinched on itself due to it not being able to maintain its own ID.

I'm afraid to ask this, but I will. Should I just bite the bullet and re-do the plumbing in order to rid the system of the soft hose? I can hear all y'all hollering "HELL YEAH" from here. LOL

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom,
    I'm kinda surprised you haven't already I'm sure you could show us how it was supposed to be done correctly.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Tom,
    I'm kinda surprised you haven't already I'm sure you could show us how it was supposed to be done correctly.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Thanks....but ME? Showing how it's done correctly?? LOL I think that's a stretch.

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously need to stop clicking on these links. As God is my Witness, my blood pressure jumped 20 points looking at those first few pictures.

To think that the MORONS at GDRV not only built that - but allowed it to leave their factory like that - and want us to be proud of our RVs is just..... well, big, brown, steamy, smelly, squishy, foul, amateur, fecal matter that wouldn’t be fit to grow mushrooms.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    I seriously need to stop clicking on these links. As God is my Witness, my blood pressure jumped 20 points looking at those first few pictures.

To think that the MORONS at GDRV not only built that - but allowed it to leave their factory like that - and want us to be proud of our RVs is just..... well, big, brown, steamy, smelly, squishy, foul, amateur, fecal matter that wouldn’t be fit to grow mushrooms.
    Agree, but , Our last TT we bought new and I did not have any real issues with it. I also did not go looking into how it was built or should something be fixed better than the factory built it.
    Having the info on this site , if or when , something comes up is invaluable. All the manufactures do this kind of "shotty" work and if we want to camp out in an RV then we have to deal with it. Doesn't make it right , doesn't make it wrong either. Having found this site after we bought had me worried , but I am past that. Will I buy another camper some day , not sure. Will I fix this one when needed and go enjoy the camping we like, you bet.
    If they would just slow down and make 2 or 3 less campers in a day they could probably make a pretty darn nice unit that we could enjoy with out any major issues. They will probably not do that though, too bad it would be great.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post

Lets see if we can shoot for 30 points lol. Either my trailer is to short or there is a little extra wire. Maybe they left the frame weld incomplete so they can extend my trailer in the future to take up the slack in the wire. Cant do anything but shake my head and fix it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6152.jpg   IMG_6157.jpg   fullsizeoutput_32f4.jpeg  
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Agree, but , Our last TT we bought new and I did not have any real issues with it. I also did not go looking into how it was built or should something be fixed better than the factory built it.
    Having the info on this site , if or when , something comes up is invaluable. All the manufactures do this kind of "shotty" work and if we want to camp out in an RV then we have to deal with it. Doesn't make it right , doesn't make it wrong either. Having found this site after we bought had me worried , but I am past that. Will I buy another camper some day , not sure. Will I fix this one when needed and go enjoy the camping we like, you bet.
    If they would just slow down and make 2 or 3 less campers in a day they could probably make a pretty darn nice unit that we could enjoy with out any major issues. They will probably not do that though, too bad it would be great.

Brian
    Honestly my biggest complaint has been how all the readily visible stuff is dang near perfect. Start to explore where QC doesn't see or normal people don't look and quality drops off significantly.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast