User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious if anyone has ever looked at the wiring and plumbing on an Airstream. I am wondering if those paying the big bucks get any better quality control.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    Just curious if anyone has ever looked at the wiring and plumbing on an Airstream. I am wondering if those paying the big bucks get any better quality control.
    I noticed you’re new and only have 2 posts friend.
    Why don’t you head over to the new members section and introduce yourself?
    Maybe post a photo of your trailer and tow vehicle?

We like seeing new rigs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kay and Dave,
    When I had the panel off and inspected the back of the Nautilus system, I found two of the fittings weeping. They were screwed fittings which I tightened by hand to solve the leaks. You might pressurize the system and give things a look, it’s another possible source of the water in your pass through.
    Keith
    Keithb
    Upstate New York
    2018 Reflection 303RLS built 08/2017
    2016 GMC Sierra Crew Cab w/6.0 L gas
    Reese 16K Slider, SteadyFast System

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithb View Post
    Kay and Dave,
    When I had the panel off and inspected the back of the Nautilus system, I found two of the fittings weeping. They were screwed fittings which I tightened by hand to solve the leaks. You might pressurize the system and give things a look, it’s another possible source of the water in your pass through.
    Keith
    It’s not that. The unit was winterized. I don’t think the dealer even tested it, believe it was winterized at the factory. Also when we looked behind the panel there was (a small) amount of sawdust which had no evidence of being wet. I’m thinking condensation. Unit still waiting for truck so we can go out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    My Dad had several over time and they have some of the same issues. Big one was battery shorting out as you slid it out on the tray (minimal clearance to terminals at door frame) One time he was lifting has he slid and the fireworks were impressive. Burnt hr hand if I remember correctly. Big issue if there was a plumbing leak or other item to fix you need to drill out a bunch of rivets to gain access and have the special rivet gun and rivets to repair. Belly was aluminum. Lastly on one of his trips to Alaska he had the frame break around the door and several rib either side. Now this was 35 years ago and probably more. Big down side was lack of deep storage back then and no slides that I remember.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I noticed you’re new and only have 2 posts friend.
    Why don’t you head over to the new members section and introduce yourself?
    Maybe post a photo of your trailer and tow vehicle?

We like seeing new rigs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the welcome. I made a deal on a used 2018 Reflection 230RL about a week ago. The dealer was checking it out before I came to pick it up, and found the A/C
    to be faulty. They ordered a new one, and it should be in any day. But after looking over this website, I am really wondering about the GD reputation. I thought it was
    better quality than most, but now I am not so sure. Time will tell if we made the right decision, and I will post up some pics soon.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’d be curious if some of the more expensive brands like Luxe are any better wiring wise. However I noticed right away they are also in Elkhart ... which to me is the “kiss of death”. Anything made there will most likely follow the same practices as all the others.

Have to see a factory tour of there to see if it is also piece work.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would expect that any trailer built by the Indiana RV industry will be more-or-less the same. Older trailers built elsewhere might be better. Motorhomes should be better because they are governed by motor vehicle standards. The only thing “governing” the build of trailers is RVIA . . . and this is a useless, unenforceable set of rules.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    I’d be curious if some of the more expensive brands like Luxe are any better wiring wise. However I noticed right away they are also in Elkhart ... which to me is the “kiss of death”. Anything made there will most likely follow the same practices as all the others.

Have to see a factory tour of there to see if it is also piece work.
    My sister-in-law and her husband have a 2014 Augusta Luxe before Augusta RV was acquired by the RV Factory in 2016 and production under the Luxe name only now. While today's Luxe product may be different in the rats nest area from the prior August RVs, I suspect little change if any.

I will have to ask Greg about the wiring/plumbing rats nests or take a look for myself this summer. I suspect he has no knowledge as the most work he does on the RV is getting up from his recliner to go to bed after a few Crowns.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    I'm speaking of most runabouts out there in the 18-25 Ft range. Spaghetti with scotch locks and butt connectors galore. At least this was the case on my Four Winns. Its not a Pursuit but then our campers are not Airstreams.

I'll have to disagree, at least with the manufacturer we went with in '04. Our was very tidy. I could trace where each wire went and everything was held up nicely with adel clamps. Essex Performance Boats definitely weren't the cheapest on the block, but they did (do) put out a quality product, and the electrical was all nice a tidy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck-boat reduced.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	17115
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast