User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I guess I should get a separate supply of fuel injection hose clamps and some side cutter pliers to take the old clamps off and keep them in the unit just in case. I'm new with all this Pex stuff, never messed with it before.

Thanks Guys
    Hi Steve,

See the attachment to post 1 of this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...860#post171860 for some ideas on plumbing repair tools and parts to carry. Unfortunately, replacing just the clamp won't usually solve a soft hose to pex fitting leak. If there is enough hose, cutting off the end and reclamping to fresh hose might work. Otherwise the adapter from Pex tubing (which is correct for the fitting and clamp) to a fitting and clamp that is correct for the hose (as shown in the referenced attachment) is the best course of action . . . other than replacing the entire hose with Pex tubing.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Steve,

See the attachment to post 1 of this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...860#post171860 for some ideas on plumbing repair tools and parts to carry. Unfortunately, replacing just the clamp won't usually solve a soft hose to pex fitting leak. If there is enough hose, cutting off the end and reclamping to fresh hose might work. Otherwise the adapter from Pex tubing (which is correct for the fitting and clamp) to a fitting and clamp that is correct for the hose (as shown in the referenced attachment) is the best course of action . . . other than replacing the entire hose with Pex tubing.

Rob
    Thanks Rob, Bryan.
    Well since we will be going full time ASAP I need to start carrying more RV related items/tools instead of automotive related items / tools.
    I've got a divided little bin storage case for electrical stuff, now i need to make one for plumbing related stuff.
    I found the square drive screwdriver tool that I've had for 40 years, bought this way back when our first house was a 14x70 house trailer. Never thought at this point in my life I would be back in a trailer again! Its more fun this time around, well almost!

Man I looked at that mess in there and said to myself, dont screw with it until you need to because once you start, you wont know when to stop!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at that mess in there and said to myself, dont screw with it until you need to because once you start, you wont know when to stop!
    Yes sir, my motto too Steve! Great line

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob....
    I notice you dont believe in Shark Bite fittings....
    Why not....????

At an avg 35 to 40 psi I think they would be more than adequate to do the job AND be MUCH easier to install AND remove, if need be ?? Saw a.video on You Tube whereby they outlasted copper and CPVC in freeze tests for butst. The fittings held on better than the pipe.
    Your thoughts ???

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    Hi Rob....
    I notice you dont believe in Shark Bite fittings....
    Why not....????

At an avg 35 to 40 psi I think they would be more than adequate to do the job AND be MUCH easier to install AND remove, if need be ?? Saw a.video on You Tube whereby they outlasted copper and CPVC in freeze tests for butst. The fittings held on better than the pipe.
    Your thoughts ???

Michael
    Hi Michael . . . I love Sharkbite fittings . . . I just can't afford them for more than the occasional repair ! LOL .
    They are perfect for the Pex pipe (and copper and CPCV) but they won't work on the "much discussed" soft hose.

Once you have the Pex clamps and the right tools, these connections are just as good as Sharkbite connections, at a fraction of the price.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I looked at that mess in there and said to myself, don't screw with it until you need to because once you start, you wont know when to stop!
    Hi Steve . . . Pretty much the story of my life . . . cars, houses, boats . . . and now RVs. It's like an addiction . I blame my Dad . . . he always told me "if its worth fixing . . . its worth fixing right!" There seem to be several on this forum with this same addiction . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Michael . . . I love Sharkbite fittings . . . I just can't afford them for more than the occasional repair ! LOL .
    They are perfect for the Pex pipe (and copper and CPCV) but they won't work on the "much discussed" soft hose.

Once you have the Pex clamps and the right tools, these connections are just as good as Sharkbite connections, at a fraction of the price.

Rob
    If one uses Sharkbite’s on the soft hose, you’ll discover sooner, rather than later, a bulge will develop where the soft hose is inserted into the fitting. Then boom!
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Crap! I guess when you all were talking soft rubber hose, my mind got a mental picture of a rubber hose you would find on a car engine, soft really pliable. Feeling around on some of the connections, the hoses feel like a hard plastic type of hose. Not like a schedule 40 PVC hard plastic, but harder plastic than a heater core hose.
    Well any way I didn't find any evidence of leaks so far. I put a water leak probe in behind the nautilus panel then attached the alarm to the outside of the panel. Going to put some more alarms in the kitchen island and in the bathroom. Of course I'll get a leak somewhere else that I didn't put an alarm.
    I guess I should get a separate supply of fuel injection hose clamps and some side cutter pliers to take the old clamps off and keep them in the unit just in case. I'm new with all this Pex stuff, never messed with it before.

Thanks Guys
    Glad we can be of service to your paranoia. LOL

But seriously though - Murphy's Law says that your PEX/soft hose leak will occur (at the least) at 3:27am when you're all snuggled in bed sleeping and having dreams of travelling the Pan American Highway on a BMW R1250GS or.....worse yet, when you guys have decided to go into town for a nice steak dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse!!

Just sayin'.....

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of so-called "shark bite" fittings.....this might be anecdotal, but my workshop's compressed air system is composed of those fittings. See here for what I'm eluding to: https://www.rapidairproducts.com/

I have multiple air outlets and some have their own pressure regulators/filters so I can spray paint via one outlet at a certain PSI and have full pressure at another outlet. At a place I worked at a year or so back, I installed a RapidAir system for their shop that had significantly more PSI/flow demands than my workshop. Both my home system and that workshop's system had 0% leakage from any fittings. The only leaks were do to the dumass that installed them (that would be me). I've seen their system used in several car dealership service areas. Anyhow.....RapidAir's system is so easy to install even a cave man could do it. LOL

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom

We have part of this system in our shop, amazing how it is put together and holds that kind of pressure.

Hopefully we are not getting to far off topic.

Brian

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast