User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JT StrongArm not

Has anyone experienced a negative outcome when using the JT StrongArm Stabilizers?

https://www.lci1.com/jt-strong-arm

I read a lot of great things about the JT Strong Arm Stabilizer - many stated they eliminate chassis movement. Yet, the movement in our 315RLTS is worse. DW is not happy as I told her the reviews were all positive and I had them installed by the dealer. I double checked the instructions to make sure the dealer installed them correctly and everything was done per the instruction.

I sent LCI (manufacture) an email but no response yet and of course I never got a call back.

My only guess is the Reflection 315RLTS has duel electric stabilizers and they do have some play in them???
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The power stab jacks just run a sliding carriage, so they will move a bit.

Also, unless you are unloading the springs at the axles, there will still be bounce in the trailer.

Are you using a mechanical chock like an X Chock or Rota Chock? They help tremendously.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just moved my strong arm set from my prev. 5r to my 303rls and it helped a lot, on the rear jacks I went front to rear with the bar because it seems the jack system has that side to side motion covered unlike a single scissor jack.
    Mike & Diane Bruns
    Eagle Lake, Fla.
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9 Cummins

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use X Chocks along with the strongarms. Each is designed for different movements and work well together for us along with pin stabilizer , but that won't help you in a TT. Be sure you tighten the strong arms well. After a few hours of settling the x chocks need to be cinched up.

Are you adding enough pressure to the stabilizer jacks?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We use X Chocks along with the strongarms. Each is designed for different movements and work well together for us along with pin stabilizer , but that won't help you in a TT. Be sure you tighten the strong arms well. After a few hours of settling the x chocks need to be cinched up.

Are you adding enough pressure to the stabilizer jacks?
    Thanks all for your replies.

I am using the x Chocks although I never checked to reset them after the first few hours.

I've been following a recommendation from a fellow forum member - "lower the stabilizers jacks until they make contact and then count 1 second more."

After reading your question about the amount of stabilizer pressure, I'm wondering if that is enough. How would I know if that is enough pressure. I've use the "kick the yellow blocks" method - if they don't move I should have enough pressure...I guess .
    Jim & Kate
    2020 Solitude 344GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    Thanks all for your replies.

I am using the x Chocks although I never checked to reset them after the first few hours.

I've been following a recommendation from a fellow forum member - "lower the stabilizers jacks until they make contact and then count 1 second more."

After reading your question about the amount of stabilizer pressure, I'm wondering if that is enough. How would I know if that is enough pressure. I've use the "kick the yellow blocks" method - if they don't move I should have enough pressure...I guess .
    I'm sure there are as many opinions on stabilizing as there are people out there with RVs! This is what we do.
    We lower the rear stabs and add quite a bit of pressure. I lower them until it just raises the rear of the trailer a little bit. Gary is a bit more aggressive and adds more pressure than I do raising the rear a few inches. You can tell by the sound of the jack motor when it starts to sound strained , stop.
    . We have done this on all 3 of our trailers.
    Pay attention to the frame though, You don't want to add so much pressure that you flex the frame.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    I lower my electric staibilizers until the circuit breaker kicks out. Hold the button until you hear a little "ting". As others have stated, if weight is still on the rubber tires and springs, the trailer will move.
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS, purchased April 2018. 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel (I need a bigger truck!). Oswego NY in the summer, Ft. Myers Beach, Fl in the winter. GD is my summer home. Previously owned: 2015 Rockwood 2604WS; 2012 KZ Stoneridge 43' toy hauler; 2005 Titanium 39' toy hauler.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whittleburner and Bill - thank you!

Your advice makes a lot of sense. I've been paranoid of putting too much pressure on the stabilizers that it's clear (after reading both of your comments) that I wasn't putting enough pressure on the stabilizers. I'm sitting here thinking to myself "Geez Jim, simply physics."

I have a trip planned in a few weeks and will report back.
    Jim & Kate
    2020 Solitude 344GK

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Imagine 2950RL it had a lot of wiggle. The factory stab jacks are 24 inch extension and 2500# each cranked down tight to just see the frame lift a little. We used several blocks under the stab jacks so we didn't have them extended down too far, less than halfway maybe 12 inches. The theory was from other rv owners with scissor jacks the more you extend them down the more flex and wiggles in the RV you may get.

I installed the BAL lock arms with the same amount of blocking underneath each stab jack, extended down in the same way as before (12 inches or less), it helped a lot. Then based on a video I saw on GDRV4Life I upgraded the scissor jacks from 2500# to 7500# which helped even more. It is a lot more stable with less wiggle. It still has a little but based on what it was like before, its been a great improvement. I only use the yellow wedge chocks between the tires kicked in tight.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Davey View Post
    I lower my electric staibilizers until the circuit breaker kicks out. Hold the button until you hear a little "ting". As others have stated, if weight is still on the rubber tires and springs, the trailer will move.
    Don't believe regularly stressing the stabilizers until the circuit breaker trips bodes well for long term motor reliability.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast