Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    It doesn't hurt to drop a gallon or two of pink stuff in the tanks when you are traveling in sub-20 weather.
    Dallas - great idea. Trust this must be added while the tanks are still liquid or will the RV pink antifreeze "defrost" frozen contents ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Dallas - great idea. Trust this must be added while the tanks are still liquid or will the RV pink antifreeze "defrost" frozen contents ?

Dan
    I am not sure that it would defrost something. I think it would help the defrost process once heat is applied. But adding before ice is the better plan.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Wow--answers like this make me want to slap my forehead. So simple and obvious to put antifreeze in the black tank but easily overlooked while (overthinkers like me) search for "the answer".

If Fran and I ever travel in cold weather I'll need to remember this one. Thanks for posting!
    There is better than the “pink” stuff . . . there is the “blue” stuff. http://www.starbrite.com/item/100-no...anti-freeze-pg This is what I use in my boat engines and plumbing system. Although these antifreeze manufacturers quote theoretical “burst” protection for metal pipes, the actual freeze point is considerably warmer. Add in the dilution from water remaining in the system and -100F turns into about -30 actual. The pink -50F turns into about 0F. A gallon or two in a full 40 gallon tank is not going to make a measurable difference.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12