User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Speaking of regens, I now have over 6,000 miles on my 2017 F350 6.7 (bought last June as new), and I have not seen a regent yet....
    Your truck is definitely doing re-gens. You can use FORscan to add the screen shown below to track when they happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	16982

I always knew when my 2016 GMC Duramax was doing a re-gen (higher idle, slight odor, fuel mileage drop, etc). They happened every 600-700 miles or so. I've yet to sense a re-gen with my Ford although with only 2,200 miles on the truck, there haven't been many. As you can see from the screen above, my next re-gen should kick in soon and I'll be doing all city driving for the next couple weeks so it will be interesting to see if I can tell if it's doing the re-gen.
    Last edited by bertschb; 12-29-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of regens, I now have over 6,000 miles on my 2017 F350 6.7 (bought last June as new), and I have not seen a regent yet. The first 4,500 miles were mostly towing. On my 2016 it would regenerate every 300-700 miles. I asked the dealer and they said that happens sometimes. Maybe I’m missing them, but find that hard to believe, and also hard to believe I haven’t had one yet.
    Read your Diesel Supplement Book, that you should of got with your truck. It goes over the DPF/Regen. Good information in this. It is under Fuel and Refueling Section. If, you do not have this book, you can get it off the net, under Ford’s Website

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Your truck is definitely doing re-gens. You can use FORscan to add the screen shown below to track when they happen.

I always knew when my 2016 GMC Duramax was doing a re-gen (higher idle, slight odor, fuel mileage drop, etc). They happened every 600-700 miles or so. I've yet to sense a re-gen with my Ford although with only 2,200 miles on the truck, there haven't been many. As you can see from the screen above, my next re-gen should kick in soon and I'll be doing all city driving for the next couple weeks so it will be interesting to see if I can tell if it's doing the re-gen.
    That's neat info. I wish my 2016 Ram would show that stuff. I have nearly 40K on the truck and have never known when it is doing a Regen. It seems to be totally seamless.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since two of the Big Three have weighed in, I’ll finish off the trifecta with my experiences with my ‘16 Ram 6.7. I have the Edge CTS monitor so I know when the truck is in regeneration. Without it, I don’t think I’d ever know. There is no menu selection in the EVIC that will indicate that. The engine does not increase rpms. Some claim they can smell it. I never have.

I keep track of the mileage between regen’s and over 36,000 miles, it’s consistently been between 800-900 miles. My truck is used for all kinds of driving; towing, solo highway trips and around town. Doesn’t seem to have any impact on the number of miles before a regen starts. What I find maddening is when the regens start; usually on a little trip around town. The OCD in me keeps me compelled to keep driving until the process is completed even though the manual states it will resume on the next drive. I figure if the computer has increased the EGT temps to burn off the soot, it wll take that much more effort to resume the process after the engine has cooled off.
    Did I mention, I have a touch of OCD ?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Since two of the Big Three have weighed in, I’ll finish off the trifecta with my experiences with my ‘16 Ram 6.7. I have the Edge CTS monitor so I know when the truck is in regeneration. Without it, I don’t think I’d ever know. There is no menu selection in the EVIC that will indicate that. The engine does not increase rpms. Some claim they can smell it. I never have.

I keep track of the mileage between regen’s and over 36,000 miles, it’s consistently been between 800-900 miles. My truck is used for all kinds of driving; towing, solo highway trips and around town. Doesn’t seem to have any impact on the number of miles before a regen starts. What I find maddening is when the regens start; usually on a little trip around town. The OCD in me keeps me compelled to keep driving until the process is completed even though the manual states it will resume on the next drive. I figure if the computer has increased the EGT temps to burn off the soot, it wll take that much more effort to resume the process after the engine has cooled off.
    Good info.....Thanks.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
    I've got a 2018 Duramax and it has consistently done regens around 200 miles. The first regen was at 130 miles! I drive 25 miles to and from work daily at speeds mostly steady and at 45 to 50 mph. I'm in South Florida, and have had this truck since August, so I don't think it's a winter fuel issue. I buy fuel mostly at two very busy stations so I doubt it's poor quality fuel. My last two Duramaxes would go 300 plus miles between regens under the same driving conditions. I am at the dealer RIGHT NOW getting my first oil change and having that issue looked at. I'll post back with a report.
    I have read that the new Duramax is programmed to go into regeneration more frequently but last for a shorter period of time
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    ...The OCD in me keeps me compelled to keep driving until the process is completed even though the manual states it will resume on the next drive. I figure if the computer has increased the EGT temps to burn off the soot, it wll take that much more effort to resume the process after the engine has cooled off.
    Hah! I just did this for my Ford today since I'm only doing city driving this winter. I drove across town to do my daily hike. When I arrived at the trailhead the DPF was at 99% full. When I finished my hike I drove back across town and into the "country" outside of Palm Springs. It didn't even start dropping below 99% until I had driven for probably 25 minutes. I had to drive for another 25 minutes until it dropped to 25% and stayed there. Way too much driving even with my OCD telling me to drive until the re-gen finished. I may just ignore the DPF filter % next time. I suspect 95% of Ford drivers do that with no problems.

The re-gens in the Ford are seamless as well. The RPM's stay the same. No odor. No change in the sound of the engine.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post

If I’m not mistaken, the ForScan needs a computer capable of hooking up a USB or similar. I only use an IPad and iPhine now, but can probably borrow one if that’s the case.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    Read your Diesel Supplement Book, that you should of got with your truck. It goes over the DPF/Regen. Good information in this. It is under Fuel and Refueling Section. If, you do not have this book, you can get it off the net, under Ford’s Website

Thanks for the replies. I have read the diesel supplemental book that came with my 2016, but this 2017 didn’t. One with one. I’ll check it out on the internet, but I don’t think anything engine wise has changed. The dash has of course.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I’m not mistaken, the ForScan needs a computer capable of hooking up a USB or similar.
    You need a Windows PC and an OBDII adapter. I used this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I retired as an IT guy (software developer) so it was easy for me to make changes to my truck using FORscan but if you're not comfortable messing with PC's, you may want to find somebody who is to help you.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast