User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireplace outlet

anyone have a problem with the electric fire place not running. Pulled it out plugged into another outlet works fine. Just seems to be the oulet for the fireplace. Breaker does not trip. Just seems like not getting all the power it needs. Like a high resistance somewhere in the wiring. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo8208 View Post
    anyone have a problem with the electric fire place not running. Pulled it out plugged into another outlet works fine. Just seems to be the oulet for the fireplace. Breaker does not trip. Just seems like not getting all the power it needs. Like a high resistance somewhere in the wiring. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.
    Give this thread a read (especially posts 8 and 10): https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...611#post176611

If you search for "fireplace outlet" using the search function (that white rectangular box with the small magnifying glass icon) you'll find multiple threads on this topic.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did not indicate which unit and year that you have, but they are probably wired the same. I had some issues with the wiring on mine where it shorted out, left some burn marks, and could have started a fire. All of my work boxes were push in type connections. You may want to start by checking any boxes in the circuit. The quality control on these fixtures leaves room for improvement. When mine shorted out, the breaker did not trip. Anytime I do any modifications to the electrical I replace the factory junk with receptacles
    with screw ins.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    You did not indicate which unit and year that you have, but they are probably wired the same. I had some issues with the wiring on mine where it shorted out, left some burn marks, and could have started a fire. All of my work boxes were push in type connections. You may want to start by checking any boxes in the circuit. The quality control on these fixtures leaves room for improvement. When mine shorted out, the breaker did not trip. Anytime I do any modifications to the electrical I replace the factory junk with receptacles
    with screw ins.
    Thanks for all the help. And the on-site in how the search works.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo8208 View Post
    Hi Gonzo8208 - I just worked through this same problem . . . and a few others along the way . See this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ly-Stuff/page5 Post 30 has a picture of the "Molex" connector between the solid copper Romex wire in the trailer and the stranded wire required to flex with the slide movement. Post 25 and surrounding discussion is about how I used readily available replacement extension cord ends to replace the press together Molex connectors. Not technically correct for solid copper, but far more secure than trying to patch the broken Molex connector back together.

(Welcome the this forum, BTW )

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS