User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

under bed insulation followup

figured i would start another thread showing what i am doing. I purchased 1 roll of R13 insulation from Lowes. $20.69
    and a roll of 2mil plastic which i doubled up to use as a vapor barrier. 2.98

When i started i had a little mold on the top and bottom of the plywood section that goes into the slide. I also added some foam molding i had extra of and added some space so air could flow under the plywood also.

Also the 1 roll allowed me to criss cross laying it in for 3 layers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bed insulation finished with foam weather stripping.jpg   bed insulation with plastic vapor barrier.jpg  
    Last edited by howson; 01-09-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Turn pics right side up. (My OCD kicked in...)
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Can you tell any difference?
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only did it yesterday. Main reason is to stop the cold air from condensing on the warmer platform of the bed in the slide. with the insulation and the added spacers it will be warmer and air can still flow....i am sure it will be much better.

We put the topper on the sofa bed and slept there last night....so did not sleep in bedroom. going to be hard to tell with temps since we keep the temp to 59 at night with the door mostly closed. like to sleep cool.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a recent trip where the cold air came from the same area I'm inclined to design an insulation solution as well. Thanks for sharing your example. Let us know if it solved the cold air issue.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cold air coming in. The side tables get cold from the outside air and the outside wall but nice underneath. We like to sleep cool and i noticed the bed seems warmer after we get in....have to drop temp down another degree to keep us cool.....well worth it especially if having the mold issues. Time will tell, but we should no longer have any. Easy to do.....now to decide on new mattress.....leaning towards natural Dunlop rubber......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    No cold air coming in. The side tables get cold from the outside air and the outside wall but nice underneath. We like to sleep cool and i noticed the bed seems warmer after we get in....have to drop temp down another degree to keep us cool.....well worth it especially if having the mold issues. Time will tell, but we should no longer have any. Easy to do.....now to decide on new mattress.....leaning towards natural Dunlop rubber......
    I took the liberty of turning your pictures in the original post--my OCD kicked in. I left the original attachments. Hope you don't mind!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I took the liberty of turning your pictures in the original post--my OCD kicked in. I left the original attachments. Hope you don't mind!

-Howard
    How dare you! Ha ha

They were taken and uploaded the same way, hate when they get turned......thanks.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.