User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dividers for Living Room Storage Cabinets

Has anyone figured out a way to divide the storage area in the living room cabinets? I have a Solitude310GK and mine are directly overhead of the rear couch. I believe several models have this same storage cabinet where everything slides back and forth because there are no dividers. Plenty of cabinet doors but the doors all open to the same cabinet. Any photos with your suggestions is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Mark
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb777 View Post
    Has anyone figured out a way to divide the storage area in the living room cabinets? I have a Solitude310GK and mine are directly overhead of the rear couch. I believe several models have this same storage cabinet where everything slides back and forth because there are no dividers. Plenty of cabinet doors but the doors all open to the same cabinet. Any photos with your suggestions is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Mark
    Well, yes. We had the same issue - everything up there slides from one side of the rig to the other.

My husband put a plywood divider up in line with the door frames (creating 4 separate spaces) and supported them with small strips of wood the length of the bottom on the interior of the cabinet (from front to back).

I'll have to get photos in a couple of weeks when we're back out in our rig.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem in our Reflection 337RLS but instead of dividers we installed carpeting. We went to a carpet store and got samples and cut them to fit that cabinet and all others, including the pantry shelves. The pieces are just laying in the cabinets but are cut tight enough that they don't slide around and stuff on them doesn't either.

Seems to have solved the problem for us.

YMMV.

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, you might try tool chest drawer liner material as it is easy to cut to fit, and is easily gathered up to wash each year.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best solution I have found is to fill them with stuff then they cann't slide.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use clear plastic storage bins with lids. We print labels on paper (large print) and put them inside facing out so we'll know which bins have what in them. For larger things like jigsaw puzzles, we use the non-slip stuff and put a piece in between the puzzles as we stack them, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We used the small spring loaded bars. Like the larger ones that are normally used in the fridge.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Best solution I have found is to fill them with stuff then they cann't slide.
    Exactly what I was thinking! I keep telling on myself on storage issues today. I was thinking the same thing. We have so much stuff in ours it can’t go anywhere anyway. On another thread a guy and I were communicating and it came up how I secured stuff in the pass through storage and my answer was the same - so much stuff I don’t have to bother with it!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. If I come up with something interesting I'll post pics and description. Until then the good news is I can just put everything in the same "compartment" because it will pretty much slide where it wants to go anyway.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox