User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I believe you should be able to easily rule out the EMS as the cause the issue. Just flip the bypass switch on the display when you have the issue and see if it eliminates the problem.
    I'm not sure that engaging the bypass will help if a leg on the contactor is going bad.

When the bypass is engaged all I think happens is the EMS "brain" stops monitoring the input side voltage and won't automatically open the contactor if something is wrong. Based on the picture of the internals, I can't see how engaging the bypass would bypass the contactor. If a leg on the contactor is going bad it will stay bad regardless of the bypass setting.

From Progressive's website:
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it when engineers get together to solve a problem, it makes for really interesting reading. But since I am not an engineer I am going to say something basic here, laugh if you want.

Is it possible that the fireplace heater is on the wrong circuit? When it gets cold the fireplace comes on, trips the circuit.

I only mention this because this was the case in my first RV, they ran another circuit just for the fireplace under warranty.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so much for the cold temp theory. Mid-day today we lost power again to half the panel. Temps upper forties, low fifties.

I checked all connections in the transfer switch and inverter. Time will tell if it happens again.

Carnolddsm' question got me to thinking. Both legs pass through the inverter. Therefore, I am thinking it must be a connection or inverter problem. The inverter must be on to connect to shorepower. So if shorepower dropped a leg wouldn't the inverter power it? Or there could be an internal switch that stops invertering if shorepower is present. If it happens again I plan on calling Gopower tech support.

Thanks again for all the help. Cheers to hoping tightening all connections fixed the problem. It is now happy hour.
    Lyle & Cathy plus Boomer (English Lab)

2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2016 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie Limited 4X4
    6.7 Cummins with Aisin Transmission

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I love it when engineers get together to solve a problem, it makes for really interesting reading. But since I am not an engineer I am going to say something basic here, laugh if you want.

Is it possible that the fireplace heater is on the wrong circuit? When it gets cold the fireplace comes on, trips the circuit.

I only mention this because this was the case in my first RV, they ran another circuit just for the fireplace under warranty.
    Dallas

I hope your right, its always great when a problem is solved in a simple manor.(no offense to the engineers)

Brian

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it happens again get a voltage reading on both legs at the transfer switch and at the EMS. You should be able to narrow things down from there, at least eliminate one or the other. Same at the panel inside if those check out.

If you aren't getting arcing and general mayhem I'd assume something is sticking in the switch or the EMS is defective. Intermittent electric issues can be dangerous. While you're down in the basement area add a smoke detector over the transfer switch. Added insurance, that might give you 5 minutes added warning and be the difference between losing the RV and maybe your life.
    Last edited by Aridon; 12-31-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be something simple like what I had. It’s easy to trace with a meter when the leg drops out.

The black #6 wire was not inserted into the 50 amp double pole breaker hold down before the factory electrician torqued the hold down screw v

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I was thinking about putting a Go power ics300 inverter. It has everything build into one box. We have a 2016 388M Grand Design toy hauler. Here is what I need to ask? Do I need to bypass the transfer switch that came with RV that connects the 12volts and shore power to the panel?

If so how would a guy do that?

Thanks
    Lance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12