User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    update -- thanks to ft4now I found the access panel in the pantry, removed it and found that the hot, the cold and the anti-back flow valve (for the black tank flush out) fittings were all loose. I tried to tighten them but the water lines still leak.
    Is the leak between fittings & the fixtures or between the fittings and pipes, PEX or the Soft Hose?
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The leak from the anti-back flow valve was from a loose nut. The other two, from the cold and the hot water pipes, are behind a large flat fitting that holds the fixture on by pulling the fixture to the shower wall. These black nuts go on the pipe threads. I intend to remove the entire fixture and caulk inside and outside the fixture at the pipes. I will also install shut-off valves. I was lucky in that my brother-in-law had a series of major leaks behind his hot water tank and he had to buy the tool for crimping the clamps onto the pex pipe. I have borrowed his tool and will use it to affix clamps to the shut-off valves. He also bought the tool for removing the clamps but we could not get it to work. I do not have to remove any clamps.
    Last edited by Dick Noble; 01-05-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final update -- project is finished; main leak was from the shower valve fixture. After I got the entire thing off I caulked EVERYTHING. No more leaks.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    . . . He also bought the tool for removing the clamps but we could not get it to work. . .
    Hi Dick,

See the first post of this thread for the best tool for removing the style of Pex clamps used by Grand Design. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...x-Clamps/page2

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 01-06-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12