Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Atlis Electric Truck

I can’t wait to buy one of these!

“... towing capacity is impressive at up to 35,000 pounds. The payload is listed at up to 5,000 pounds, which is equally high.

Atlis XT is considered a full-size truck and, unlike with the Rivian R1T, a 6.5 or 8-foot bed can be selected. Clearly then, this is a larger truck than Rivian’s. It’s 8-lug wheel design suggests its a heavy-hauler too.

Configurations & Options

With this being a proper truck, there are all sorts of configurations. For example, depending on how its configured, the Atlis XT has a conventional towing ability between 5,000 – 20,000 lbs. The truck has a 5th-wheel trailering capacity of between 10,000 – 35,000 lbs. Payload capacities would range between 1,000 – 5,000 lbs.

There’s a standard crew cab with a shorter bed that offers standard air suspension (independent at all four corners) with 12 inches of ground clearance. But for more extreme use, there’s a special “off-road” version with long travel suspension and 15 inches of clearance.

A dually is reportedly planned too and this would be the heaviest hauler of them all.

Like with Rivian, multiple battery pack sizes will be offered. Atlis says the shortest range XT will still go 300 miles. Other options are for 400 miles of range and the aforementioned 500-mil max range version. Recharging is claimed to take only 15 minutes, though specs and details on this have not been released.

As for performance, 0 to 60 MPH is achieved in 5 seconds. However, even a fully loaded Atlis XT can still accelerate from 0 to 60 MPH in just 18 seconds. Atlis uses what it calls its XP platform on the XT. This setup utilizes 4-independent electric motors, one for each well. So, it’s 4WD then.

The interior is rather luxurious looking and can set up to 6 individuals in total.

https://insideevs-com.cdn.ampproject...-mile-range%2F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 01-07-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not to take away from "progress". The thing that is conveniently absent in the hype is what is the power hit towing on the batteries. The 300,400 and 500 mile battery pack options are all based on no cargo and nothing in tow. A work mate has an all electric vehicle (brand purposely not named) he bought over the summer. We live in upstate NY. Guess what, now that he has to use his heater and window defroster for the 30-40 minute drive into work and back home he now has lost 30+% of his battery drive distance due to those...

I think this is the future but I think we still have a ways to go...

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Atlis Electric Truck

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    While not to take away from "progress". The thing that is conveniently absent in the hype is what is the power hit towing on the batteries. The 300,400 and 500 mile battery pack options are all based on no cargo and nothing in tow. A work mate has an all electric vehicle (brand purposely not named) he bought over the summer. We live in upstate NY. Guess what, now that he has to use his heater and window defroster for the 30-40 minute drive into work and back home he now has lost 30+% of his battery drive distance due to those...

I think this is the future but I think we still have a ways to go...

Jim
    To be honest, a 200 mile range (loaded) would be fine for me. That’s about a 3 or 4 hour drive depending on how many mountains I’m towing through, and I don’t tow any longer than that, usually only about 2 hours at a time.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much electricity does it take to recharge those batteries. If it's too much will campgrounds forbid someone from recharging their trucks. Nice looking truck though.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    How much electricity does it take to recharge those batteries. If it's too much will campgrounds forbid someone from recharging their trucks. Nice looking truck though.
    I would just plug it into our solar.

Problem solved.

[emoji3590]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool. But I would need to see the 15 minute battery charge to believe it. Battery swap maybe.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wave to you boys when you're on the side of the road with dead batteries. To think one of these things is going to pull a heavy trailer very far on a battery pack seems a little far fetched to me. Especially considering that my attorney drives a Nissan Leaf compact car and can't even leave town in it. Where is the big advance in battery capacity that I'm not seeing?

I'll stick with my diesel.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe electric trucks and the quest for range will finally provoke trailer manufacturers to get serious about aerodynamics. This flat-back thing is simple/cheap to make but literally sucks down fuel. Low profile 5ers may see a renaissance.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice that they are working on coming with elec. trucks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe have a solar panel installed where a sun roof would be! Charge as you go! LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast