User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 F250 Diesel 4x4 Pulling Reflection 315 RLTS

Hello, I'm looking for feedback from Reflection 315 RLTS owners who pull with a 2016 F250 Diesel 4x4 trucks and/or anyone with knowledge of vehicle tow capacities. I have the referenced F250 (Lariat) and we're considering buying a Reflection 315 to full time RV sometime in the future. We like that model in general and specifically like the space, king bed and wash/dryer option. With that said, I know we will be tight with our F250 cargo capacity of 2,100 lbs. With just two of us and two pets I think we can swing it if we can get at or below a 1,500 lb tongue weight leaving 600 lbs for us and gear in the truck (315 rated at UVW 8994 w/ "avg" hitch weight of 1,065 lbs I assume this is with dry weight and a GVWR of 10,995). From my research I see mention of 315 owners hitting 1,700 lbs tongue weights and I think this scenario would but us a couple hundred pounds over our F250's 10,000 lbs max GVW. With all this said, does a 315 seem to be a viable option for us and the F250? Are many full-timers in 315's with a similar vehicle set up? The F250 is good with all the other numbers: 14,000 Max conventional tow, 23,500 GCWR, 1,900 lbs rated class V hitch (weigh distributed), plenty of margin with both front and rear max axle weight limits. To me GVW 10,000 lbs limit seems more of a way the classify vehicles for regulation than a physical vehicle limitation seeing the F250 diesel SRW has so much in common with the 350 diesel SRW with same engine, same transmission, same brakes, with the only difference I've seen is suspension. Thank you for your time! Steve

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Steve - Welcome to the forum. If you're careful with your weight loading on the front, you should be able to keep to around the 1,500# tongue weight. My 297 RSTS is a little lighter overall than the 315, but my tongue weight is pretty heavy. I moved my tools towards the rear of the trailer and switched from lead/acid batteries to lithium. That made a big difference.

I'd recommend that you go with the Blue Ox hitch set up with the 2,000 pound configuration.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased ours in October but am pulling it with a 2019 F250 Lariat Diesel. Just the two of us with no kids or dogs and we won't be installing a washer or dryer. My payload is 2450 so I'm good to go. It pulled great on the way home from the dealer.
    Last edited by BC315RLTS; 01-03-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know how much weight you added to the RV and what the resulting tongue weight is?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for feedback from Reflection 315 RLTS owners...
    Welcome to the forum, Steve. Fran and I have a 315 and we installed a washer and dryer. My tongue weight is fairly consistent, measuring between 1,300 and 1,400lbs.

My .02 is you'll be just fine with your 250 since you obviously understand the payload limitations of the truck. What you'll find harder is staying under the 315's GVWR. There's seemingly endless storage with a relatively small cargo carrying capacity (difference from as-delivered weight to the 10,995 GVWR). I don't carry water and put my tools in the truck bed (I have lots of payload in my DRW) to keep the 315's weight at or under the GVWR.

There are many 315 owners that are active on this forum, so fire away with the questions!

I've posted a lot of specific 315-related info. Here's a few threads you might be interested in:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...(How-I-Did-It)

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...bs-Overweight!

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-(First-Weigh)

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-The-First-Day
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
    Do you know how much weight you added to the RV and what the resulting tongue weight is?
    When you buy a Grand Design they provide a Vehicle Weight Information Sheet. Here's the as-delivered weight of my 315. Keep in mind this is before a battery or propane.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weights.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	17047
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve: We have a 2014 F250 4x4 6.7 Diesel Lariat Crew Cab and have no trouble pulling our 2018 315. We travel with empty tanks, no washer or dryer, no kids - just the two of us, and watch what we load (ex. we why buy sodas, beer, etc. when we arrive at our site where we stay for 2-8 weeks.). I load my tools in the front of the trucks bed. We use an Equalizer WDH with 1500 bars and hitch. No problems so far except trying to keep the unit "under" 75mph. ENJOY YOUR 315.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull mine with only 1/3 fresh water in the tank. also I make sure all grey and black tanks are empty. I do not have the washer and dryer, so that weight is eliminated. I have added air bags to the rear end of the truck, because I was nose high looking over the hood while driving. With 20 pounds of air, I am level with the truck and just a little nose down on the trailer. I pin the chains on the seventh link from the WD bar. (weight distribution bar) We have been three months on the road, and the unit pulls great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel