User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is a great looking combination worthy of sharing with GDRV ! You may want to consider posting to the GDRV website customer gallery section link attached: https://www.granddesignrv.com/why-gdrv/customer-gallery

Enjoy your RV and camping experiences !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am using the Equalizer, I had the choice of Blue Ox or Equalizer with my deal. Dealer really pushed the Ox, but I had researched and wanted Equalizer, because Propride was not an option. I would not think of towing without some sort of WDH, not from experience, just from research. Your new Duramax will handle it with ease. Good luck in your travels.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Richardson View Post
    Yes I am using the Equalizer, I had the choice of Blue Ox or Equalizer with my deal. Dealer really pushed the Ox, but I had researched and wanted Equalizer, because Propride was not an option. I would not think of towing without some sort of WDH, not from experience, just from research. Your new Duramax will handle it with ease. Good luck in your travels.
    Congratulations on the New 2970, we pick ours up in April. Clay can you tell me in your trailer if you have 2 fans, I know 1 is in the bathroom, wondering if their is another one.?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we have 2, bath and kitchen. 50 amp with dual ac also. We are really happy with it so far, but few miles yet. I have replace the tires and bearings and added a second spare, but I will say the axles, seals, grease and bearings all looked great. All inner bearings were Timken and all outers were china. I took some pics, even the shackles look bigger than what I have seen on some of the failures we read about. Good luck with yours, might see you on the road someday. Oh, and be sure and check out the mod I did on the TV, I think you will like it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we have 2, bath and kitchen. 50 amp with dual ac also. We are really happy with it so far, but few miles yet. I have replace the tires and bearings and added a second spare, but I will say the axles, seals, grease and bearings all looked great. All inner bearings were Timken and all outers were china. I took some pics, even the shackles look bigger than what I have seen on some of the failures we read about. Good luck with yours, might see you on the road someday. Oh, and be sure and check out the mod I did on the TV, I think you will like it.
    Okay now I have more questions, The bearings you changed, why, thought they resolved this issue? Do you have a link to the pictures and mods you did?
    Thanks in advance

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had read about many of the bearing failures, since I was putting new tires on I just had to see for myself, I am one of those guys. It also helps that a buddy has a small tire store in town, got a good deal on 5 GY Endurance and had a place to do it myself, plus I wanted metal valve stems. Had I known what I know now I would have checked the bearing torque and left them alone and save $150. BUT now I know for sure. I do not know how to link to the mod, it is in the mod section.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had read about many of the bearing failures, since I was putting new tires on I just had to see for myself, I am one of those guys. It also helps that a buddy has a small tire store in town, got a good deal on 5 GY Endurance and had a place to do it myself, plus I wanted metal valve stems. Had I known what I know now I would have checked the bearing torque and left them alone and save $150. BUT now I know for sure. I do not know how to link to the mod, it is in the mod section.
    Thanks I seen the TV mod, I have a few things to do. I'm adding a water filter I had on my Jayco as well 2 maxi fans on this unit. Wife hates me. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12