User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I hate plumbing. Chasing electrons is so much easier than keeping water in a line.

So I thought the pressure problem in the kitchen was the sprayer head. I was right. I also thought I'd removed all the water restrictor devices from the sprayer head. I was wrong. This is the story of swapping out the OEM kitchen faucet with a residential model and how I got to the water pressure problem fix.

I took the sprayer head to Lowes and discovered a replacement is nearly $40. Shoot--for $100 I can get a brand new, just-what-the-wife-wants residential model. Of course I grab the bright shiny chrome version only to discover when I get home I need the brushed aluminum one. Back to Lowes.

Round two. I get the new faucet installed in the countertop and...nothing connects together. There's a 1/2"(?) plastic nut on the camper and a 3/8"(?) nut on the faucet's water lines. Houston, we have a problem. Back to Lowes.

Round three. I get shutoff valves (also something the DW wanted) with nipple adapters. Yea, this should be easy! Get it together and it leaks like a son-of-a-gun. I take it back apart and then notice the threaded nipple provided with the shutoff valve has tapered threads on one side and straight threads on the other. Naturally, both the faucet and the water lines need tapered threads. Off to the local plumbing supply store.

I get two tapered threaded nipples (one for hot and one for cold) and get it all put together. Of course I didn't get two tapered-threaded nuts to make it easy to seat the nipple in the stainless steel shutoff valve. Why would I want to make it easy? Eventually I got the connections tight enough to stop it from slowly leaking.

Then, of course, I find the water pressure (and volume) is still extremely weak. Many an unapproved-forum comment spewed from my lips and the dogs went running for cover. It was then it dawned on me to look at the sprayer head for a restrictor and...well, you already know the story.

For the record, the new faucet delivers .8 gallons per minute. You may recall the weak stream delivered .5 gallons. That may not sound like much of a difference, but the "feel" difference is remarkable. The wide spray pattern produces a strong delivery of water.

Did I mention I hate plumbing?
    Howard - great project. I noticed a tool kit in one of your photos. Is there a chance of a better picture and thoughts of where you got it?
    Last edited by howson; 01-09-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Remove incorrectly labeled picture.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Howard - great project. I noticed a tool kit in one of your photos. Is there a chance of a better picture and thoughts of where you got it?
    It's this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-109-...ase/1000507819 It stays with the camper so I've always got something with me.

Only real essentials missing are a wrench set and vise grips. (I carry them separately.) Plus plumbing tools. And electrical test stuff. And a huge torque wrench and breaker bar. And an VIAIR air pump... No wonder I'm over GVWR with them in the camper!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I spent over $120 on a new fixture, shut-off valves and two pipe nipples to resolve a problem that didn't need to cost me a dime. Dang it.

I thought I'd removed all of the sprayer head's restrictor components as I documented in this thread. Yep, wrong again.

Turns out (as shown below) all I had to do was pop out this small component and voila--great flow from the sprayer head.

Attachment 17133

How did I come to this conclusion? After a monumental battle with installing a residential faucet (see post 16 below) I turned on the water and...weak flow from the sprayer head. After two+ days of battling and learning I noticed in the new sprayer head what looked like a restrictor I'd removed from my home's faucets. Sure enough, I popped it out and wham--great flow. Went and grabbed the OEM sprayer head and DANG IT--there's the same restrictor.

One note of caution. If you attempt to get this out, too, do not use too much force when trying to get the screw to bite. You could push the restrictor into the head and then you'd have a real problem.

Hope my experience helps someone else.

-Howard
    Well Howard,
    It gets even easier than threading a screw into that restrictor's spring loaded tab.

Simply take a 3/8" drill bit and gently turn it 1/4 turn into the restrictor's opening.
    Pull gently....and it pops right out !!!

Did lots of plumbing doing kitchen remodels, and I STILL HATE IT !!! ��
    But not as much as diagnosing electrical gremlins...
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 02-18-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 351m has piss poor pressure from the kitchen sink. Even more so when hooked up to city water.

I removed the white thing as mentioned in an earlier post and the pressure didn’t change.

Both bathroom faucets and the shower have good pressure from what I can tell.

I’m not where to even start. Just came back from a trip and we are leaving for another a week from today.

I am able to get better sink pressure when drawing from my tanks using the water pump.

I have even tried using the city hook up and turning the water pump on.

Here is a video of all 3 faucets.

https://youtu.be/RO4uXjqe8l0
    Last edited by 2018351M_NJ; 07-01-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by st2rv View Post
    Had the same issue with low pressure in the kitchen faucet...........cleaning under the sink I found the weight that retracts the hose into the goose neck kinking the hose...hose is very thin and easily kinks. Relocated the weight and I now have plenty of pressure. I also was going to change the head. Was driving me crazy.
    Tom
    I found the same thing. Hose can kink.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kitchen faucet does need more volume/pressure to wk right. The other thing that makes a difference is the pressure regulator outside. The cheap preset ones really restrict flow. Lots of places don't have high pressure water systems and if it's 55 psi or less don't use anything and it will help. Water filters can also cut down flow. The best pressure regulators are the adjustable type. this has helped me. Good luck.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    The kitchen faucet does need more volume/pressure to wk right. The other thing that makes a difference is the pressure regulator outside. The cheap preset ones really restrict flow. Lots of places don't have high pressure water systems and if it's 55 psi or less don't use anything and it will help. Water filters can also cut down flow. The best pressure regulators are the adjustable type. this has helped me. Good luck.
    Rich
    Thanks for the info. I'm actually tight on budget and wanted to purchase one of the cheapest presets. I guess I'll have to wait a bit. Btw, how do I know what's the pressure at my place?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of the adjustable regulators have a gauge.

Also, can get a gauge separately: https://www.amazon.com/Rain-Bird-Pre...s%2C135&sr=1-3
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I spent over $120 on a new fixture, shut-off valves and two pipe nipples to resolve a problem that didn't need to cost me a dime. Dang it.

I thought I'd removed all of the sprayer head's restrictor components as I documented in this thread. Yep, wrong again.

Turns out (as shown below) all I had to do was pop out this small component and voila--great flow from the sprayer head.

Attachment 17133

How did I come to this conclusion? After a monumental battle with installing a residential faucet (see post 16 below) I turned on the water and...weak flow from the sprayer head. After two+ days of battling and learning I noticed in the new sprayer head what looked like a restrictor I'd removed from my home's faucets. Sure enough, I popped it out and wham--great flow. Went and grabbed the OEM sprayer head and DANG IT--there's the same restrictor.

One note of caution. If you attempt to get this out, too, do not use too much force when trying to get the screw to bite. You could push the restrictor into the head and then you'd have a real problem.

Hope my experience helps someone else.

-Howard
    HI Howard,
    I've got a 2022 320MKS and I'm having issues getting hot water to the kitchen sink. I suspect it has to do with the flow, and would like to remove the restrictor you talk about above. I referenced the other "how to" sheet you made on removing the red restrictor, but I am wondering if just removing the one above would suffice. Problem is I can't really tell if that restrictor is accessible just by removing the head and taking it out, or if I have to go thru all the steps outlined in the other thread first.
    And thanks for all the informative posts. If I can just figure out how to get hot water to kitchen quicker that 3 or 4 minutes I'd be happy with that tankless heater, but so far not a fan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123