User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire inflation/load tables for Michelin Tow Vehicle tires (not RV tires)?

I have a 2019 GMC 3500 SRW with 18" all terrain tires - specifically Michelin LTX A/T2 in size LT265/70R18. With Google's help, I can find plenty of Michelin RV tire inflation/load tables...but no luck for that info on tow vehicle tires. I even called Michelin directly - twice - and all I could get was load carrying capacity at 80 PSI...and a reminder that the manufacturer's recommendation is 60 PSI front and 80 PSI rear.

While they seemed to understand that I'd like to run them under 80 PSI in the rear to improve ride quality unloaded (which is 90% of the time), there we no help in getting me information on load carrying capacity at 40, 50, 60 and 70 PSI. On the second call, I asked to be transferred to engineering...and after a 5 minute wait...I got a dial tone again.

Anyone got any ideas or resources that I can use? Help appreciated....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my E rated Michelin Defenders inflated to the Ford door post recommendations of 65PSI front and 80PSI rear. I don’t give much thought about ride quality I guess it doesn’t bother me too much. I will say that “empty” for me includes around 500lbs of stuff I typically keep in the bed of my truck under the tonneau cover at all times which does help to smooth the ride out. I also have a set of Timbren springs installed which makes the truck more stiff.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will be following this - I also have done the same, and they were no help. There are load tables for several of their tires, but none for the most popular "E" truck tires.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks...I see the table referenced but it has only 16” LTX A/T2 tires. Mine are 18”. Maybe close enough? Just seems odd they won’t have similar info for all available tire sizes within that tire model.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck sticker recommends 60 front and 70 rear. That's where I leave them. You are limited anyway by the cargo rating of your vehicle, and it already takes into account the tires and the tire pressure. Discount once put 80 in all four of my tires and it rode like crap. I put them back at factory specs.

I'm no engineer, but the tires have a max weight rating stamped on the sidewalls at max psi and I'd assume you could figure out how much less weight they would carry in percentages by amounts of psi you drop below max? Use the tables that do give that information on other size LT tires and I'm sure you could get a baseline percentage to use that would get you real close.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a chart that shows the different loads per psi. You'll need to scroll down to find your tire. All tire brands are the same as in apples to apples. Your Michelins will be the same as my Firestones, etc

https://www.toyotires.com/media/2125...s_20170203.pdf

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Heres a chart that shows the different loads per psi. You'll need to scroll down to find your tire. All tire brands are the same as in apples to apples. Your Michelins will be the same as my Firestones, etc

https://www.toyotires.com/media/2125...s_20170203.pdf
    Thanks goducks14 !! A lot of good information all in one place. I'm going to put this in the Library.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree! Many thanks...maybe I should forward it to Michelin customer service team!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the new Michelin LT275 65R 18 tires installed which replaced my Goodyear AT/S P tires. The Michelins are aired to 40 psi and the ride is excellent. Noticed on sharp inputs such as a pothole the input feels slightly more harsh but the overall ride quality is better since the Goodyear's were not so round. The Michelins are also quieter. Have gone through three balance sessions on the Goodyear tires....they really were not that good now that I am back on Michelins and have a comparison. Another interesting observation is the steering effort is reduced with the Michelins.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 12-29-2018 at 03:40 PM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast