Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater vents

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater vents

I would like to suggest that on the 372WB and probably the 373FB that there be a heater vent added in the front closet. Living in Wyoming that closet gets very cold in the winter, which bleeds into the bathroom.
    Richard and Cheryl
    2019 Solitude 372FB-R
    2016 F350 Dually FX4
    2015 Can Am SXS SDX 1000
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an issue with any of the 5th wheels, warm air vent placement and is a personal pet peeve of mine. I have some HVAC experience and know that you put warm air vents on the outside wall of your house. Due to the way the upper portion of the 5th wheel is constructed there is no natural place to put a warm air vent. At the last rally I lagged behind in the factory tour to get a close up look at the structural members making up the floor of the upper portion, be it a bedroom or living room. I explained to the young man assisting the tour how air moves within the unit and how it currently leaves cold spots to the front. Warm air comes up close to the interior wall and immediately is drawn down to the cold air returns.
    Together we looked at where we could put a channel to take warm air to the front of the unit. There was one option and I charged him with the responsibility to take it to the powers that be to explore making the change. This would require a design change I doubt will ever happen. This being the Manufacturers Corner maybe someone will read this and investigate further.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302