User Tag List

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove Water Restrictor from Shower Head

Some of you may have read my ongoing (as of 7 Jan 19) Low Water Pressure thread. As I'm working through the process of understanding where and why I have low pressure I learned how to remove the shower head's water restrictor and thought I'd pass it along.

It's actually quite simple. In the threaded end of the shower head you'll see a white plastic piece. Using a sheetrock screw (or any sharp, pointy end screw) tap into one of the existing holes and pull. The water restrictor pops right out.

If you just want a little more water flow, you could enlarge a hole (or holes) with a method of your choosing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water Restrictor.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	17128

P.S. Sorry about the fugly fingers.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard

Did you get a much better flow with the restrictor removed? Or would you suggest enlarging the holes?

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Howard

Did you get a much better flow with the restrictor removed? Or would you suggest enlarging the holes?

Brian
    That's a good question that I can't answer (yet) as I can't pressure the water lines. I had a wee bit of an issue replacing the kitchen faucet so those lines are currently open. I will finish up the kitchen faucet replacement tomorrow morning, run the tests, and will post the results in the applicable thread (along with the details of the zippity-do-da day I had going back and forth to Lowes).

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)