User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    Thanks - I replied - did you receive it?
    Yep,

Just replied.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to get into a new ford F350, but to trade for a comparably equipped 2019 F350 CC SB w/6.7 PST was a shocker at 39k. I'm driving a 13 F350 4x4 CC SB and evidently was not expecting a 6K plus depreciation per year on my current ride. I know a couple friends that are prominent dealers and they told me that the residual value for a 2013 Ford was 57%. The Ram was 54% and the Chevrolet was 49%.....they also said that the vehicle would have to be in very good condition. (which mine is) What they offered me was about 55% of my original sticker price. Their on the road price for the new truck would have been 37K-39K to boot. I walked away......guess I'll keep driving my 2013 for a while longer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dealers will typically value a trade as "fair condition" regardless of the condition it really is. That condition will be much lower than a good or excellent which is what they base selling price on. Often they will also not give credit for lower miles or options. Games they play. Be armed/informed when entering a dealership.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my last three trades, I got more than KBB as my salesman (same for all three) says they bounce against the auction sheets for a better gauge of martket value. I tend to trade my 4x4 vehicles right before winter in the mid-atlantic.

If your gut tells you it don't feel right, let your feet do the talking.
    http://nortek3d.com/rv/towhome_small2.jpg
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2018 RAM 3500 SRW CTD 6.7
    2007 Harley Ultra Classic - the toy in the Hauler.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are almost always better off selling the vehicle yourself. Pickups are not hard to sell. Clean it up and put it on Craigslist. I've always sold all mine, my dad's and some of my neighbors. I've never understood why so many people trade in their pickups. You are literally throwing thousands of dollars out the window almost every single time. And no matter what they tell you they are giving you for a trade in, they are masters at rigging the numbers in a complex transaction involving two vehicles, taxes, fees etc.

If you don't like selling yourself find a friend or relative who is good at it and let them sell it. Pay them a commission for doing it. You'll still come out way ahead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12