User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fresh Water Fill Valve

Has anyone had problems with this fresh water tank fill valve not closing completely and allowing the fresh water tank to overflow out overflow drain underneath camper after about 24 hours connected to city water? In pictures you see front side and then valve on backside of panel. In working with customer support at Grand Design we think we eliminated DC pump as source of problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190109_120234-768x1024.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	17146 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190109_120250-768x1024.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	17147

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t seen that directly but have had where I can not get the water pump to shut off because one of the “other” valves was not fully closed even though the handles were in the correct positions. I have had to open and close them a couple times to properly seal.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    I haven’t seen that directly but have had where I can not get the water pump to shut off because one of the “other” valves was not fully closed even though the handles were in the correct positions. I have had to open and close them a couple times to properly seal.

Jim
    This has happen on our last three camping trips. I have moved that valve from one position to other many times and sure it was pump check valve but GD customer support told me how to test the pump check valve by removing back side connection on pump(one with small filter) and using water pressure from hose to test. If no water came out back side of pump then check valve inside pump was OK.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD sent out replacement city water valve and replaced it yesterday. I can see where this valve could be a problem, it does not appear to be very robust in design. If problem happens again I will bypass valve as you really don't need it anyway. You can fill your fresh water tank from port on side of camper with water hose. Was first time to have to do pex crimps(3) and can see I need to get bigger nipper pliers to remove old clamps. Removing old pex clamps was hardiest part of job.

Name:	IMG_20190109_120234-768x1024.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	17244
    Last edited by Buckskin; 01-19-2019 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buckskin - See post 1 of this thread for the best tool for unwrapping Pex clamps in small spaces.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...x-Clamps/page2

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Buckskin - See post 1 of this thread for the best tool for unwrapping Pex clamps in small spaces.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...x-Clamps/page2

Rob

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problem on my 2017 2600RB Imagine last year. GD sent me a new valve, which I replaced. No problem noticed after replacement last year, i.e. no water bleeding into fresh water tank. We are currently returning home from our first trip this year and noticed a couple of weeks into the trip that water was again coming from the fresh water tank. I have never used this new valve to fill my fresh water tank, instead filling only through the gravity fill port. The GD customer service rep told me they were cheap designs. Like you I already plan to bypass this valve when I return home.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD sent new pump and I replaced and it corrected overflow issue with fresh water tank; check valve in pump was not working properly. New pump wouldn't shut off and took pressure switch off old pump and put on new pump; problem solved. Found out later it is easy to adjust pressure switch by turning small allen head set screw on pressure switch. Ordered replace pump housing with all parts installed from Amazon to go with my plumbing repair kit.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:	8168emB9b2L._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	18005