User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got it home - 2970

Not just lurking now, we are real members, lol. Got that dreaded first tow out of the way, no problems at all. 2018 Duramax and a 2970rl, 140 miles, light traffic and beautiful weather in OKC, 13.5 mpg. We will be full timing by March hopefully.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. It is beautiful. I hope it brings you many years of happiness.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sharp combo, love the black and white!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May all your troubles be little and inexpensive.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Richardson View Post
    Not just lurking now, we are real members, lol. Got that dreaded first tow out of the way, no problems at all. 2018 Duramax and a 2970rl, 140 miles, light traffic and beautiful weather in OKC, 13.5 mpg. We will be full timing by March hopefully.
    I chuckled when I read "...dreaded first tow". I towed my 315RLTS a whopping 15 miles that first tow and proudly posted here, "I didn't hit anything!" So I understand.

Good looking setup, Clay. Congratulations.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! I was in the same boat, on forum... waiting... finally take delivery and feel like I belong now So welcome as well...
    JD
    :boink:
    2019 367BHS
    2018 3500 Silverado SRW Diesel
    B&W turnover with Companion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! I have almost the exact same truck and looking at getting a 2400BH in the next month. Are you using a WD hitch with yours? So much info about WDH and anti-sway online but I just don't know if it's necessary. My only experience towing is dozen or so uses of Uhaul trailers, and pulling cars on 2-wheel carrier

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlooney View Post
    Nice! I have almost the exact same truck and looking at getting a 2400BH in the next month. Are you using a WD hitch with yours? So much info about WDH and anti-sway online but I just don't know if it's necessary. My only experience towing is dozen or so uses of Uhaul trailers, and pulling cars on 2-wheel carrier
    I noticed this was your first post, so let me welcome you to the forum.

A tip that I hope helps your experience here is to use the REPLY WITH QUOTE function instead of just REPLY. When you quote a post, the person you're addressing gets a notification (like you did when I replied here) and it is clear to forum members whom you are addressing.

It is also helpful to start your own thread when it strays from the original poster's topic. I suggest starting a new thread under the TOW VEHICLE sub-group in the forum stating your specific vehicle (with payload and tow ratings) and the trailer you're contemplating (in this case the 2400BH). You'll get helpful responses, I promise.

Again, welcome!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep got a note, I think that was directed at me. I pull a fiver so no sway issues. When I didn't have a fifth wheel I didn't have any sway control but I never traveled more than 200 miles. If I had ambitions back then to travel further I certainly would have invested.

Looking at your rig again I like all of the black and white from truck tip to Camper tail... I love my truck
    JD
    :boink:
    2019 367BHS
    2018 3500 Silverado SRW Diesel
    B&W turnover with Companion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Richardson View Post
    Sorry, my post above was directed at Clay (thanks for the quote tip howson). Clay, are you using a WD hitch and anti-sway with your imagine? I've also got a 2018 Duramax Z71, eyeballing the Imagine 2400BH this next month. Just not sure if WDH and anti-sway is necessary or not. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast