User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Pathway X2 Dish Using two Dish Network Receivers

I have the Pathway X2 Dish currently using just the one receiver. I'm tired of trying to get local channels on the bedroom tv via the King antenna. My question is: who is using the Pathway X2 dish with two Dish Network receivers? One in the living room and one to the bed room with separate cables to the RV from the Pathway X2 (has two connection ports). If you are using that set up do you connect the second cable to the port in the water support bay to the "bedroom sat" port and if so, how is the receiver in the bed room connected in there? I know that if you use two receivers there can be an issue when using both receivers as the dish can only point to one SAT at time.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    I have the Pathway X2 Dish currently using just the one receiver. I'm tired of trying to get local channels on the bedroom tv via the King antenna. My question is: who is using the Pathway X2 dish with two Dish Network receivers? One in the living room and one to the bed room with separate cables to the RV from the Pathway X2 (has two connection ports). If you are using that set up do you connect the second cable to the port in the water support bay to the "bedroom sat" port and if so, how is the receiver in the bed room connected in there? I know that if you use two receivers there can be an issue when using both receivers as the dish can only point to one SAT at time.
    I would have thought someone was using this configuration. First time ever that no one had any input on one of my questions. I’ll post another question on hooking up the bedroom tv to a SAT. Thanks
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have thought someone was using this configuration. First time ever that no one had any input on one of my questions. I’ll post another question on hooking up the bedroom tv to a SAT. Thanks
    So I guess you could say you're the forum's Pathway configuration pathfinder? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

On a serious note, if you do dig up some info, please share it with the forum. (Thanks)

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't have a second TV, but I think I understand the hookup. I've posted a photo of my connections below. Run an RG6 cable from the primary port on the Pathway X2 to the port on the trailer marked "Sat/Living Room". Then run a second RG6 cable from the secondary port on the Pathway X2 to the port on the trailer marked "Aux/Bedroom". The receiver in the living room will be the primary driver, and the receiver in the bedroom will only be able to pick up channels from the satellite the primary is pointed to.

Jim

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use a second receiver/TV, but am familiar with the system and configuration (and, no, I didn't spend the night in a Holiday Inn...).

1) First, realize that, when using two receivers with the Pathway X2, the receivers will only be able to receive programming from the same satellite if you're using them together (the Pathway X2 is a single-LNB antenna and can only receive one satellite at a time). This may not matter to you if you only watch the bedroom TV when not watching the LR TV.

2) You are correct at guessing that the two cable hookups (one to the LR and one to the BR) would be used to connect to the X2. High-quality, quad-shielded cable from the bay to the X2 is a must. The over-the-air antenna amplifier must be off (usually located near the antenna crank/bedroom TV outlet or in the entertainment center, depending on the model of RV).

Hope this helps.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't use a second receiver/TV, but am familiar with the system and configuration (and, no, I didn't spend the night in a Holiday Inn...).

1) First, realize that, when using two receivers with the Pathway X2, the receivers will only be able to receive programming from the same satellite if you're using them together (the Pathway X2 is a single-LNB antenna and can only receive one satellite at a time). This may not matter to you if you only watch the bedroom TV when not watching the LR TV.

2) You are correct at guessing that the two cable hookups (one to the LR and one to the BR) would be used to connect to the X2. High-quality, quad-shielded cable from the bay to the X2 is a must. The over-the-air antenna amplifier must be off (usually located near the antenna crank/bedroom TV outlet or in the entertainment center, depending on the model of RV).

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. Good reminder on the Booster being off. I just don't understand why GD put the King in its locations next to the AC on the roof or why with so many bad reviews they get on the antenna signal they have not found a solution to the issue.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. Good reminder on the Booster being off. I just don't understand why GD put the King in its locations next to the AC on the roof or why with so many bad reviews they get on the antenna signal they have not found a solution to the issue.
    Gary,

Our unit is a 2016 model (2015 build) and the OTA TV antenna is not a King. We have no issues with TV signal when the front AC is running - though we rarely use OTA.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Gary,

Our unit is a 2016 model (2015 build) and the OTA TV antenna is not a King. We have no issues with TV signal when the front AC is running - though we rarely use OTA.

Rob
    Not sure when they went to the low profile King antenna, but it's located right next to the forward AC unit. It barely raises above the top of the AC unit, thus causing some blockage of the signal. We don't use the bedroom tv much, but when we do it would be nice to get more than 2 channels, even when the stations are not blocked by the AC. I use the King signal strength meter (always low signal) plus phone apps to insure I'm pointed in the right direction. Reception just sucks as witnessed by the 100s of write ups about the King antenna. I've had the service department check all the connections (though from postings here on how many connections that have been found on units I'm not sure they got all mine), the Booster and the TVs. No luck even though I've camped in these same site for years in our old trailer with the "bat wing" antenna and would get 8-12 channels. Just doesn't seem to be an issue that GD wants to look at. Go Air Force! Thanks for your service Rob.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to electronics per members request.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reception just sucks as witnessed by the 100s of write ups about the King antenna. I've had the service department check all the connections (though from postings here on how many connections that have been found on units I'm not sure they got all mine), the Booster and the TVs. No luck even though I've camped in these same site for years in our old trailer with the "bat wing" antenna and would get 8-12 channels. Just doesn't seem to be an issue that GD wants to look at. Go Air Force! Thanks for your service Rob.
    My King antenna was not working as I would have expected and when I took the top off of the rooftop section I found a broken (disconnected) wire. I reinstalled it and it started working good again. May be worth a check.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast