User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle Born Lithium

Seems to be some very knowledge people on this form about Lithium Batteries.

1. Currently, I have six 6-volt batteries at 220 amps per battery which gives me 1320 amps at 6-volt and but at 12-volts that's 660 amps.

2. So the 660 amps and only using 50% so I don't do any unnecessary damage to the batteries that would give 330 amps usable.

3. Battle Born batteries are 100 amps at 12 volts so three batteries would give me 300 usable amps so I would only be short of 30 apps from my usable amps. With 6 batteries I would have 600 usable amps.

4. I was originally told that you would damage the Battle Born batteries if you use a 100 amps but found out that the internal battery management will shut the battery down before any damage and the batteries are over 100 amps but you can only use 100 amps before shut down.

5. I also ask about adding to the bank of batteries. My plan was to add 3 to start with and adding more if needed. I was told since each battery has it's own battery management you don't have to replace/add batteries at the same time and wasn't a problem adding to the bank.

6. I called battle Born and looks like I don't need any other equipment added to my coach since my inverter/charger a Magnum Model MS-2812 that supports a lithium profile.

If you remove the cost of the batteries I don't see any reason why not to upgrade to Battle Born Lithium batteries. Can anyone give me any negitives other than cost and is my reseach correct?
    Last edited by CWSWine; 01-10-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch