Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Do most use propane and electric heaters at the same time to regenerate hot water quicker?
    To be honest I've haven't tried the propane option on the hot water tank--yet.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do most use propane and electric heaters at the same time to regenerate hot water quicker?
    We do exactly this whenever needed. Multiple showers, dishes and showers, etc. We leave the electric on all the time and flip on the propane only when needed.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not aware they would do dual, I thought it was either propane or electric, not both at the same time.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that with mine, I had the propane on and turned on the electric and the propane went off. So I turned off the electric and the propane came back on. I don't think mine will do both at the same time. Maybe I am doing it wrong.
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    I tried that with mine, I had the propane on and turned on the electric and the propane went off. So I turned off the electric and the propane came back on. I don't think mine will do both at the same time. Maybe I am doing it wrong.
    Both you and Dallas have the 376TH which, if I'm not mistaken, has a larger capacity water heater. Maybe the dual heat function is not a feature of your model heater.
    I n my case, I have the 6 gallon water heater. Doing it right entails simply turning one or both switches on. I generally run on electric when available then switch on the gas with the electric at shower time. I usually go first 'cuz I normally don't do hair and makeup after showering. Never a complaint about running shy of HW, and we don't take Navy showers unless we need to conserve Grey tank space.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Both you and Dallas have the 376TH which, if I'm not mistaken, has a larger capacity water heater. Maybe the dual heat function is not a feature of your model heater.
    I n my case, I have the 6 gallon water heater. Doing it right entails simply turning one or both switches on. I generally run on electric when available then switch on the gas with the electric at shower time. I usually go first 'cuz I normally don't do hair and makeup after showering. Never a complaint about running shy of HW, and we don't take Navy showers unless we need to conserve Grey tank space.
    I'm not sure about this. I have a 399 and most likely have the same WH, a 12 gallon Suburban. I can run mine on both modes at the same time. I usually leave it on electric and only turn on propane with electric when we will be taking multiple showers in a row.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I'm not sure about this. I have a 399 and most likely have the same WH, a 12 gallon Suburban. I can run mine on both modes at the same time. I usually leave it on electric and only turn on propane with electric when we will be taking multiple showers in a row.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep, just a guess.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t tried it in our Reflection yet but our Imagine running electric and gas was like having an on-demand water heater. Dishes and 3 showers in a row with no noticeable lack of hot water and outside temperatures in the 60s.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a general comment about the shower issue. If we plan to have more than one person take a shower within a close period, we purposely turn on the propane gas option in our trailer to make sure there will be hot water throughout the two showers. You probably due that already, but I have found that if we don't turn on the gas option, it can get cool real quickly. 297rsts TT Janice

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    if we don't turn on the gas option, it can get cool real quickly. 297rs
    Thanks for the tip. We have had problems with the gas option not restarting, as a result, we leave it on electric most of the time. In our Momentum 376 it takes about 20 minutes for the water heater to recover on electric. We just roll with it. Shower, dishes, shower, about an hour. Does that rhyme?
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast