Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator Automatic start for Onan 5500 with new MY RV control system

I just purchased a 2018 Momentum 388 and have a Go Power 2000w inverter and 320w solar system and was wondering what options I have and the easiest option for integrating a automatic start option on the generator for low voltage and possible temperature control starts? Anyway to integrate this feature into the "My RV" control panel, any advice would be greatly appreciated? Mark

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you contact Lippert (phone number: 574-537-8900 or by email: [email protected] or website: https://www.lci1.com/contact) about integrating the feature you are questioning on the MyRV control panel to see if it is possible. And then contact Cummins Onan (technical support: 1-800-888-6626 or their website: http://cumminsonanelkhart.com) about the automatic start on the generator.

Thank you,

Missy
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you find an answer for this?
    Randy and Jennifer Bowman - Maiden, NC
    2007 Keystone Raptor 3712-Current
    2019 Momentum 381M, getting ready to order soon!
    2007 Chevrolet 3500HD Classic, Flatbed Dually, Crew Cab 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison Trans, Banks w/IQ, Banks Intake & Scoop, GM Performance Exhaust
    2013 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ, Dually, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.6 Duramax/Allison, Banks Intake
    EEZTire TPMS
    Various Golf Carts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't appear the generator genie in the system is capable currently. There is a pink wire not connected in my coach from the genie titled "pilot wire in" wondering what it is for or capable of? I called Onan support and they made it sound like my specific generator doesn't even offer the ability to use the EN-30 they made, although I do not see why it wouldn't work. I am going to contact Xantrex and Magnum to find out more about their AGS offerings and will let you know. Mark

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an auto start (Onan) that I added to our Winnebago MH. I kept it and found the adapter that Onan makes to make it work but haven't bought it yet. I think they call it a command 30. The hand remote plugs into a 110V wall outlet to sense the loss of AC and is equipped with a thermometer to measure inside air temp. You have to leave the AC on, but if you loose power and the temp reaches X degrees it will start the genset. This is a great situation for people with animals that camp in warmer climates. The initial purchase for the command 30 was around $750.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Red, what you have I believe is the command 30 as you said, which is EN-30W for the wireless, they also have an EN-30 wired version. My only problem is they no longer make those as Onan is working on new technology and took that off the market before having a new offering. My other problem is I am not sure if it is the same wire harness as my new generator, otherwise why would Onan tell me it isn't listed as option for my model number? Thanks for the input.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have decided I am going to add the Magnum ME-AGS-S stand alone AGS, it has six wire connections at the generator and batteries with one remote switch to turn the system on and off to be wired in the coach that has an integrated temp sensor for the auto start instead of having to wire to all the thermostats. Looks like an easy install from a reputable company and was able to get it for only $207 shipped from Northern Sun and Wind who has them in stock. Hope this helps for direction? Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone with more information on this subject?

We have a ‘19 394m with 5.5k gen and are looking for a reliable backup solution to automatically engage gen and keep A/C on while away from camper.

Thanks,

Chile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Magnum ME-AGS-S stand alone AGS as mentioned above and have not had any issues with it once it was setup properly. It isn't something you can control from a phone app but gets the job done without an issue.
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.