Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Susan Mc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Susan Mc

Hi everyone! We have been living in our Grand Design Solitude for 3 years full time and my husband is having health issues so now the maintenance has come to me. I changed the anode in the water heater as per videos I had watched and now I have figured out that my electric portion of the heater is not working. I am confused though because it works on propane. When I started filling the water heater I got confused between city fixtures and city fill. Can anyone help me. Should my dial be on city fixtures.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First make sure you have water in the water heater: if you are connected to a water source via a hose, then your Nautilus system should be set to “City Walter” configuration. If you are using fresh water from your fresh water storage tank, then your Nautilus system should be set to the “Dry Camping”configuration and your fresh water pump should be “on”. Turn on the hot water at your kitchen or bathroom sink and you should have a flow of water (whether it’s actually hot or not). If you have a flow of water with the faucet turned on the “hot water”side only, then you know you have water in your hot water tank.

With regard to your hot water: Check first to make sure you didn’t inadvertently turn off the water heater at the exterior electrical switch. Look at the water heater from the outside (the same area where you replaced the anode) and locate a small black toggle switch - it may be hidden behind a silver piece of tape. This switch must be “on” for the electrical supply to power the water heater.

If that toggle switch is “on”, then you must also turn on the electric hot water switch at the control panel inside your rv (located within the same panel used to check waste tank levels and extending your slides, etc).

It will take a little while for the electric to heat your water, compared to how fast the propane will heat your water.

I don’t know your level of knowledge for your Solitude’s systems. I hope this helps.

Tim
    Last edited by Tim340; 01-11-2019 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Typo
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel