User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LtColBuckRobley View Post
    Do you find this one easy to tow?
    "Easy to tow" has many factors. Two key ones (IMO) are a properly matched tow vehicle-to-camper with a good weight distribution hitch (with sway control) and properly loaded camper with the right % of weight on the ball (normally around 15% of the camper's loaded weight). Believe it or not my 315RLTS is not hard to tow, though I always have to be aware of the length when taking a turn and I plan my stops.

Do you find this...easy to...back up?
    After a few times practicing you'll be fine. It's like learning to ride a bike--seems very hard at first but once you "get it" it's not hard. Always use a spotter, get out and look (GOAL) and practice, practice, practice.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you find this one easy to ... back up?
    Adding to my previous post, if you haven't seen this Youtube video by the Wandering Wagners, it is very good and should help with your backing concerns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1B5d_K2__4
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have just towed it from the RV store where we purchased it to our house. It towed great but it was at the UVW (5,076 lbs) + a battery and propane so the weight was not at maximum. I could hardly tell I was towing anything. We have a 2019 Ram 1500 with 5.7 Liter V-8 HEMI engine and 3.92 rear axle ratio. As far as backing it backed like any other trailer. Not difficult at all. We are looking forward to towing it with some weight to see how it goes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123