User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wardrobe slide and front glass on the ultra lites adds quite a bit of weight, doesn't it?

I've seen some say that a 3" foam topper will work on the mattress, but that's about it.

Like I said, everything on an RV is a compromise.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's the slide more than the window, but it adds a lot of storage. More compromise.
    I now have a Ram 2500. If I had it then, it would have been an even more difficult decision. We toured both manufacturing plants, looked at countless other models,created a spreadsheet for all the contenders, and narrowed it down to those two. I really think we would have been happy with either, as long as the quality of manufacturing was there.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    I would caution against the murphy bed. I'm still on the Forest River Forum and the complaints about the murphy bed are about the same as the ones on this forum. Very uncomfortable and supposedly you can't use a topper or the bed won't fold up.
    Not trying to sway you one way or the other. We were well satisfied with our Flagstaff and nearly bought a 2706 ws instead of our Imagine. We considered them equal in most areas. The heavier tongue weight of the FR was a big factor as I was towing with a Ram 1500 at the time. Another consideration was the floor heat ducts vs the wall and cabinet ducts in the GD. Those metal registers looked like toe stubbers and dog hair catchers to us.
    Does yours have the plastic sliding door on the shower? Has it held up? That seems like something that would break easily or be a pain to clean.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes on the sliding shower door. We have had ours for over one season with no issues. The idea is for the seal to wipe the door clean as it retracts. I've read of others having problems but not us
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Check the insulation. GD has much better r factors.
    Check the ac. GD starts with 15000btu units. FR and Keystone start with 13500 btu.
    Cabinetry is much higher quality in GD than Keystone, and the equal to Flagstaff.
    As for assembly quality, I'll say this...
    When we did the PDI for our Imagine, the tech said he would much rather prep a GD than any other brand they carried because they come in nearly perfect. Other brands not nearly so much.
    Hope this helps

I think Passport has stepped up to include a heated and enclosed underbelly with this year's models, but the GD seems to still have quite a few build advantages.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    That wardrobe slide and front glass on the ultra lites adds quite a bit of weight, doesn't it?

I've seen some say that a 3" foam topper will work on the mattress, but that's about it.

Like I said, everything on an RV is a compromise.
    g I know it's hard to tell just by laying down on the bed when you're at the dealer looking at the camper. I'm hoping since we're only looking at 3 nights or so at one time that we can live with the original mattress.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LtColBuckRobley View Post
    I think Passport has stepped up to include a heated and enclosed underbelly with this year's models, but the GD seems to still have quite a few build advantages.
    I hope you take a look at the keystone owners forum as well. It was enlightening.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I hope you take a look at the keystone owners forum as well. It was enlightening.

I joined that one, too. Most people who have replied to my thread there on the Passport 239ML seem to have had good luck with that particular model. Many are suggesting getting better tires put on it ASAP. That would be an additional expense. In general, Keystone seems to get more quality control complaints, but I'm wondering if it is due in part because they sell so many more units. Hoping I can get my dealer to drop the price on the GD a little further and that may be the direction I go. I haven't heard one person complain yet about their Grand Design Imagine. I'm sure they're out there, but no one has complained to me.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased an Imagine 22 RBE. We really like it. It seems to be well built. So far we have had no issues.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupelo View Post
    We just purchased an Imagine 22 RBE. We really like it. It seems to be well built. So far we have had no issues.
    Do you find this one easy to tow and back up? I've never done either so that is a key component to what I'm looking for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast