User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Rving. First winter. please help me lol

We have a 2019 381m. Just arrived in New Jersey 3 days ago. Still waiting on heated water hose to arrive.
    So, we have been filling up the fresh water tank. Using the water tank heater. and Also gas heat.
    we noticed today when going outside to fill the tank up that we have water dripping from the
    fresh water tank. I'm very new to this. im not sure what the correct name is but its where the water comes
    out when pulling the valve to empty it. if anyone could possibly give me any advice as to what is wrong I would
    greatly appreciate it! thank you!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1065.jpg  

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. That is the fresh water “dump” valve. That is how you empty the fresh water tank. It is just an exit port attached directly on the tank itself. Is the valve handle fully seated? We can’t tell from the pic. If not push it in. You should “feel” it seat. If it is in then you just don’t have a good seal. Could be a bit of dirt on the gasket, etc. if it is not leaking much ( read just dripping) and not effecting your camping experience using the water tank, don’t worry about it. It goes no where but out to the ground.

Jim.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not mess with it now. Looks like a small drip leak. Wait till the weather gets warmer to try to get the valve to seal properly.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so much for all your help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Thewinkette View Post
    We have a 2019 381m. Just arrived in New Jersey 3 days ago. Still waiting on heated water hose to arrive.
    So, we have been filling up the fresh water tank. Using the water tank heater. and Also gas heat.
    we noticed today when going outside to fill the tank up that we have water dripping from the
    fresh water tank. I'm very new to this. im not sure what the correct name is but its where the water comes
    out when pulling the valve to empty it. if anyone could possibly give me any advice as to what is wrong I would
    greatly appreciate it! thank you!!
    Hi there,
    whenever we had the smallest question about our 5th wheel - we brought it back to the dealer to check out and replace using the warranty. they were great and we got everything little thing fixed through the dealer.

good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it is still under warranty. we just drove 1500 miles. I was seeking advice on the forum in hopes to being able to resolve it myself. i

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any heated water hose, and we've been known to just leave the kitchen faucet with a small drip to keep water moving through the system.

I've never even used the water tank in my Reflection since we never boondock.

In the most frigid nights, I've been known to fill up a couple of old milk cartons to flush the toilet, and just unhook and drain the water hose from the faucet.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a grand design dealer nearby? we didn't want to mess with it because if for some reason we messed it up even more; we weren't sure our warranty would be covered - so we put everything on GD.

good luck - have an awesome trip!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewinkette View Post
    yes it is still under warranty. we just drove 1500 miles. I was seeking advice on the forum in hopes to being able to resolve it myself. i
    Thewinkette - This forum is all about "solving things ourselves". You have come to the right place for this type of advice! As mentioned earlier, this small drip is not worth worrying about in sub-freezing temps. In fact it may go away by itself or with a simple open/close cycling of the valve . . . once the weather warms up. This is not something to worry about!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree that it is a fresh water tank valve leak. It is not under the fresh water tank overflow tube. Not knowing your weather pattern there when/if it warms up to 32f, or you get a lot of sun on that side of the RV and it feels warmer, I would exercise that valve, open/close, open/close and see if that cures your problem.

Welcome to the land of winter camping, come join me in Park City, UT, it was -0 this morning. I know, pretty hard to get -0, but my thermometer starts reading in tenths when it gets down to single digit temps, so it actually read -0.8f when I got up this morning.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750