Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to turn off email notification

I thought it would be a good idea to turn on email notification of threads that I am following. So I did. I had forgotten how many threads I have posted on, but I started getting emails for any change to them. That was bit more than I want. So now I am trying to get the emails stopped.

I went into settings at the very top, then under My Settings box on the left I selected General Settings, found the drop down that says :"Default Thread Subscription Mode:" selected Do not subscribe, and found the save changes button at the bottom of the page and clicked on it. Got a reply window that says thank you for updating your profile.

Next day I get new emails.

Please help me turn off the email notifications.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to report that once your on the notification list, there is no way to unsubscribe. Much like the Good Sam/Camping World cabal.

Actually, not true. It might take a day or so for the notifications to stop. If not then pm a moderator who can help.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s under “Thread Tools” directly above your first post in the light gray bar. Not the top of the page.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas

I turned my email notifications off the other day. I still get emails from threads I subscribed to before turning off but not on ones since.
    Unsubsribe from all the threads you get emails from as said above and and that should stop the older threads.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vanzoog, thread tools allowed me to subscribe, but I didn't see unsubscribe. Perhaps it's like County Campers said, I will not get any new ones but will still have old ones until the die.

Minnow101, good analogy.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas
    To unsubscribe , after you log in got to settings in the top right corner by the log out button. This will get you to the threads you are subscribed to, on those threads there is a button for unsubscribe.
    This should get you what you want. Then when you log in you can go to new posts and read what you want. Each time you post to a thread you will be subscribed to it , but afte a while you should quit getting emails, I hope, this is what I am trying.

Brian