Thats what I would do, for sure...LOL
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went over and looked at the truck again. It looks like its got very little use and the odometer reads only 51 miles.

I'm planning to head over to the local RAM dealership sometime this week unannounced and request a test drive. If the truck drives/rides well I'll toss them a "take it or leave it offer" for the 2500. I'm thinking of $50K and see what happens. Frankly, I don't expect them to accept it, nor do I expect a reasonable counter offer. I've owned two Dodge trucks and mini-van in the past and none were purchased from this dealership and it's not because I didn't try. In the past they never seemed that interested in negotiating and that's probably why the truck is sitting there so long.

I also like Chevy, GMC and Ford....I'm not partial to any brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I went over and looked at the truck again. It looks like its got very little use and the odometer reads only 51 miles.

I'm planning to head over to the local RAM dealership sometime this week unannounced and request a test drive. If the truck drives/rides well I'll toss them a "take it or leave it offer" for the 2500. I'm thinking of $50K and see what happens. Frankly, I don't expect them to accept it, nor do I expect a reasonable counter offer. I've owned two Dodge trucks and mini-van in the past and none were purchased from this dealership and it's not because I didn't try. In the past they never seemed that interested in negotiating and that's probably why the truck is sitting there so long.

I also like Chevy, GMC and Ford....I'm not partial to any brand.

Personally, I wouldn't give em anymore than that. Start at $43K It's been sitting for 2 years. Like I said before, in the fall, I paid $52K for a 2018 3500 SRW 6.7CTD that had an MSRP of $72K. If they really want it off the books, they will play. Otherwise, tell them the think if over and call you if they get serious about it, or it can sit a couple of more years.
    http://nortek3d.com/rv/towhome_small2.jpg
    2016 Momentum 350M
    2018 RAM 3500 SRW CTD 6.7
    2007 Harley Ultra Classic - the toy in the Hauler.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I went back to the dealership and as it stands right now. I offered $50K and they are stead fast holding a $61K.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I went back to the dealership and as it stands right now. I offered $50K and they are stead fast holding a $61K.
    I would go shopping around. I would think you would get a used low mileage one for less than that. 61k price I would almost go new for that kinda money.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That price explains why it is still there.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much money has that truck lost just from depreciation from being 2 years old.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do yourself a favor. If you're sticking with RAM, skip the 2500 (payload sucks), go for the 3500. It's no more expensive if you price it right, unless you just like trading up every couple of years. I understand the 2500 caught your eye. But if you're gonna pull the trigger, do it on a 3500 SRW.
    2018 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Laramie Longhorn
    GVWR 12,300
    Open Range 2910RL TT (soon to trade in)
    In search of Grand Design Fifth Wheel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
    Do yourself a favor. If you're sticking with RAM, skip the 2500 (payload sucks), go for the 3500. It's no more expensive if you price it right, unless you just like trading up every couple of years. I understand the 2500 caught your eye. But if you're gonna pull the trigger, do it on a 3500 SRW.
    This. Got mine 6 months ago for 48k plus tax and tag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12