User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying from a long distance

I'm currently looking at buying a 2019 Reflection 303RL and found one for sale at 30% off MSRP a better price then I was quoted in Quartzite Arizona by a major dealer. They quoted MSRP minus trade in. The 303RL is located in SW Missouri, my state of residency. My question is what should I be concerned about dealing with a dealer about 1,300 miles away, towing the trade in to them in February and any advice. I am new to RVing and currently own a 2012 Springdale 29R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you come all this way I would take that quote to your near by neighbor rv dealer and see if they would match that deal. If you have it in writing they should match it if they want the sale. When I bought my fifth wheel I found it in Northern California for cheaper. I went to my dealer in Southern California and they matched it. Saved me the trip. I hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are referring to a purchase from Coachlight RV, I can tell you our purchase process and PDI were excellent. Our salesman was Dave Roe. We selected the unit and it was about 2 1/2 weeks from selection to PDI and delivery. On the day of delivery we began the PDI. All items we had negotiated in the purchase were installed, unit was clean. PDI covered everything from roof to undercarriage, inside and out, appliance operations to verification of water levels in the battery. Coachlight included two nights in their local park, the cell number of our tech in case we had any issues in the night. The tech stopped by about 0900 the next morning just to ask if we were having any issues. No paperwork was presented to us until the completion of the PDI. Paperwork took a very short time and dealer handled all warranty card and product registrations.

I would not hesitate to purchase from Coachlight and Dave. They both have a good reputation in this area. Not much difference purchasing from a dealer 2 1/2 hours away or 2 1/2 days away except the drive. I wold ensure the terms of the purchase we well defined before I made the drive. For us, they put it in writing.
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 01-13-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First I would check with the BBB in that area, and ask as you have done here. Whats the dealers name? Can he give you and estimate on trade as a good sale price may not be that good if the trade is low. Also add in what your travel costs would be. Once you crunch the numbers you know what might be the best deal. Also if you have the better price in writing (a must), go back to the Quartzite dealer and see if he will match.

Good luck

PS look up the value of your trade so you know what it is.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    If you are referring to a purchase from Coachlight RV, I can tell you our purchase process and PDI were excellent. Our salesman was Dave Roe. We selected the unit and it was about 2 1/2 weeks from selection to PDI and delivery. On the day of delivery we began the PDI. All items we had negotiated in the purchase were installed, unit was clean. PDI covered everything from roof to undercarriage, inside and out, appliance operations to verification of water levels in the battery. Coachlight included two nights in their local park, the cell number of our tech in case we had any issues in the night. The tech stopped by about 0900 the next morning just to ask if we were having any issues. No paperwork was presented to us until the completion of the PDI. Paperwork took a very short time and dealer handled all warranty card and product registrations.

I would not hesitate to purchase from Coachlight and Dave. They both have a good reputation in this area. Not much difference purchasing from a dealer 2 1/2 hours away or 2 1/2 days away except the drive. I wold ensure the terms of the purchase we well defined before I made the drive. For us, they put it in writing.
    Thanks for the reply, it is Coachlight RV that I have been communicating with and your review of them makes me feel much better dealing with them. Doug is the salesman I have been emailing.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this when I purchased my Imagine 2970rl, took the price to our local dealer to match but they would not even budget, What caught me off guard was they bad talked the other dealer. If
    they have been close I would have a made the purchase but at $8,000 difference. Not a chance

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    First I would check with the BBB in that area, and ask as you have done here. Whats the dealers name? Can he give you and estimate on trade as a good sale price may not be that good if the trade is low. Also add in what your travel costs would be. Once you crunch the numbers you know what might be the best deal. Also if you have the better price in writing (a must), go back to the Quartzite dealer and see if he will match.

Good luck

PS look up the value of your trade so you know what it is.
    powerscol, I haven't checked with BBB yet but will. There is a $14,000 difference between the two dealers, with that I could pay someone to haul my trailer and bring back the new one and still save. So far the only communication with the dealer in SW Missouri has been email, I'm in the process of getting it in writing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
    I'm currently looking at buying a 2019 Reflection 303RL and found one for sale at 30% off MSRP a better price then I was quoted in Quartzite Arizona by a major dealer. They quoted MSRP minus trade in. The 303RL is located in SW Missouri, my state of residency. My question is what should I be concerned about dealing with a dealer about 1,300 miles away, towing the trade in to them in February and any advice. I am new to RVing and currently own a 2012 Springdale 29R
    An item which may arise as it often does in the "old school" RV industry service philosophy model with some dealers (too many dealers is probably more accurate) is to delay or even refuse to service your RV if you did not purchase from where you want or need to have service performed. This same thing was prevalent in the auto industry a few decades ago but was resolved long ago. Many threads are on the forum on this and using the search tool can provide hours or reading enjoyment.

Many of us expressed concern a few years ago over this antiquated short sited approach not only on the forum but directly with GDRV. This led to GDRV allowing owners to use a different dealer or mobile service to address warranty period issues. Not only does GDRV acknowledge the problem but recognized that because many folks hit the road traveling around our great country or have their RV placed in an area closer to a GDRV dealer other than the selling dealer, this issue needed fresh and more forward thinking and resolution.

Good to give reputable local dealers the opportunity for many reasons. However, when all things considered miss the mark for you, other options exist.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have dealt with Coachlight and they are a class act. Both our last two 5th wheels were originally sold by them. I have had dealings with their service and parts department and they were great even making us aware of a refrigerator recall (fire hazard) on a Keystone we had. It had never been corrected and they alerted us of it when asking about new decals when we gave them our serial number. I don't think you can go wrong with people like that. I will look to them first if I ever buy new again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarks View Post
    Thanks for the reply, it is Coachlight RV that I have been communicating with and your review of them makes me feel much better dealing with them. Doug is the salesman I have been emailing.
    I believe Butch50 on this forum also purchased from Coachlight. You may wish to send him a PM and ask his opinion as well.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast