Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xroose Backup camera

My wife bought me a Xroose wireless two camera backup camera system with 7 inch monitor for Christmas. She bought it off of Amazon and it had good reviews. I tapped into the Furion wiring harness and spliced the Xroose harness in and mounted the camera. I hooked up the monitor to my wifes Tahoe that was parked behind my 310GK and it worked perfect. I moved the monitor to the truck and nothing, no signal at all. I tried moving the monitor up, down sideways above the sunroof, nothing worked. I emailed Xroose and they replied immediately on Christmas day. They told me they would send me high powered antennas. So I waited and I received the new antennas on Jan 3rd. In the mean time, the company offered me a full refund and said I could keep the camera kit. This afternoon I finally got around to testing the new antenna. I stretched 8 feet of cable out and placed the new antenna on top of the roof in front of the rear a/c unit. I went to the truck and powered up the monitor. NOTHING! I am putting this out there as a buyer beware, DO NOT BUY A XROOSE CAMERA KIT!!!!
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to try the Xroose system on our tiny 17mke. First powered everything up in the garage with camera and monitor close. Perfect picture. Then left the camera power up in the garage with monitor in my truck, parked on the street about 50 feet away. Trailer was between garage door and the truck. Picture was a bit degraded but still quite good. Then I closed the garage door, which is metal and insulated. Still decent picture. Only time it lost a signal momentarily was when I had my cell phone (which I was talking on) right beside the monitor antenna. Moved the phone 6 inches and no problem. Finally mounted the camera on rear of the trailer and monitor in the cab. Still working well.

So far I'm happy with it and for the price worth a try. 160 bucks with a 7 inch monitor. Any issues and Amazon looks after you.

Only weird thing is the camera didn't have the pairing button shown in the instructions and online videos. So if it became un-paired (which I suspect may be the problem the OP had) how to re-pair it? Email to Xroose and new style camera auto pairs so they eliminated the button. Unfortunately they haven't changed the directions to indicate the change.

Summary...for a cheap low buck system...so far appears pretty decent.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad your camera is working for you. Mine worked too as long as the distance wasn't too great. From my wifes vehicle via line of sight, it worked fine. It just wouldn't work from my pickup to the rear of my 35' trailer even with the antenna extensions. Mine is still sitting in my shop unused.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop