Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mislabeled grey and black tanks?

So, I am having a great time making dinner this evening when I hear the full tank gurgle in kitchen sink. Granted, I have been watching the monitor of the 2nd grey tank thinking the sensors were off because it kept reading 1/2 or better even when I was dumping what I thought was the second grey tank. So, the tank that drains the kitchen is full and gurgling. I go out scratching my head to dump it, pull the second one labeled grey, and nothing happens. Then I think maybe the sink is clogged. How could that be? I am really careful with food down the drain. Then I wonder. I am going to pull the black tank handle, and I can't even say what made me think to do it. So I go pull the black tank handle and it simply gushes as if it's full. BACK inside, the grey 2 tank now shows empty.

Grand Design mislabeled the tanks? Or did they route them incorrectly? I have no idea. Tomorrow I will try to flush the what I believe to be the black tank. I am concerned they routed it incorrectly.

I am just going to say it. I am not impressed so far with Grand Design.

3 weeks in and a leaking back window, a fuse panel that has to be replaced and a tank that is either mislabeled or was routed incorrectly and if for some reason it's incorrectly routed, I am not even sure that that may mean. These aren't little problems.

Not impressed, not happy and would like for the madness to stop. It's ridiculous.

Has anyone else had their tanks mislabeled or incorrectly routed (though I can't imagine how)?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polkadotti,

Our tanks were mislabeled from the start. I also needed to apply an extra label to alert anyone pumping out our unit in our absence that there was a third tank, with the handle forward of the slide (with an arrow). The tank monitors are notoriously inaccurate, as you can read here, if you do a search. Our electrical panel is also mislabeled. The wiring for the backup/ observation camera is different in every unit. Seems to be the nature of the manufacturing beast. Everything on our trailer works, and we’re living with these annoyances, and learning about them as needed. That’s why this forum is so valuable. Every new owner doesn’t have to reinvent their wheel. Welcome to the group. Hopefully, your fun camping experiences will more than make up for the annoyances you encounter as you learn the workings of your trailer and make adjustments.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkadotti View Post
    So, I am having a great time making dinner this evening when I hear the full tank gurgle in kitchen sink. Granted, I have been watching the monitor of the 2nd grey tank thinking the sensors were off because it kept reading 1/2 or better even when I was dumping what I thought was the second grey tank. So, the tank that drains the kitchen is full and gurgling. I go out scratching my head to dump it, pull the second one labeled grey, and nothing happens. Then I think maybe the sink is clogged. How could that be? I am really careful with food down the drain. Then I wonder. I am going to pull the black tank handle, and I can't even say what made me think to do it. So I go pull the black tank handle and it simply gushes as if it's full. BACK inside, the grey 2 tank now shows empty.

Grand Design mislabeled the tanks? Or did they route them incorrectly? I have no idea. Tomorrow I will try to flush the what I believe to be the black tank. I am concerned they routed it incorrectly.

I am just going to say it. I am not impressed so far with Grand Design.

3 weeks in and a leaking back window, a fuse panel that has to be replaced and a tank that is either mislabeled or was routed incorrectly and if for some reason it's incorrectly routed, I am not even sure that that may mean. These aren't little problems.

Not impressed, not happy and would like for the madness to stop. It's ridiculous.

Has anyone else had their tanks mislabeled or incorrectly routed (though I can't imagine how)?
    Sorry your having those issues. If you list your RV model, others can help with where each tanks lever is. If it was me, I would open a tank lever and run water down the sink, toilet, etc until water comes out. That way you will know for sure what each lever is for. Keep in mind, some tanks are for multiple things, such as my shower and kitchen sink go into one tank. Good luck!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been some folks over the years who have reported mislabeled tanks on the forum but not many as I recall over our 5 1/2+ years on the forum. In the early days as with us none were labeled. Imagine that surprise if not figured out early on ! Forum communications with GDRV resulted in labels on future productions soon after which only made sense.

I do not recall any reports of mis-routed cables but one can see how that could occur.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a 2018 2950 Tanks were mislabeled from the get go.\, tanks sensors never worked had them in for warranty they keep telling me nothing wrong. Go figure.