User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2500RL owner in Tucson

Greetings everyone, We are picking up our first Grand Design, a 2019 Imagine 2500RL tomorrow here in Tucson. We looked at well over 100 trailers and were really impressed with the build quality and features on the GD. We had been full timing in a Newmar Mountain Aire and downsized last year to an Itasca Navion 24M but it just wasn't a good fit so we sold the Jeep for a truck and traded the Navion for the 2500RL. Planning to take the maiden voyage to Quartzsite for the big show later this week. I'm sure I'll have some questions once we spend some time in it. Can't wait to pick it up!

Cheers,
    Don

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don

Welcome to the forum and the GD family.
    Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. It sounds like you've got a lot of experience to share with us all. I'm in Illinois looking at snow on the ground and wishing it was spring so I could go camping.Happy Camping you!
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you will enjoy your Imagine. We have yours and to agree with everyone, this is a great place to get help.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Hi all, thanks for the welcoming comments. We do have plenty of RV experience, but the whole towing thing is new. On the advice of a long time trailer hauler (campers as well as career tractor trailer driver) I have them throw an Equalizer hitch in on the deal. A bit un-nerving when it makes those pops and bangs... but sure it is helpful in towing. We bought at Lazy Days in Tucson, only 25 miles from our winter home. They include a free night at the KOA only 100 yards behind their service bays, so we availed ourselves of that free night on delivery and used it to check everything out. We did have one significant problem that was a bit alarming, but promptly taken care of the following morning by service. During the walk-thru, I ran the heat to test it and noticed the bathroom duct was putting out almost nothing. A tech came over almost immediately to check it and the verdict was that it was a smaller hose feeding it as it was a "smaller room". I was disappointed in the air flow out of it, but said ok. Turns out my concern was warranted as when we got on our campsite that night and the heat came on, we noticed the whole countertop in the area of the kitchen sink on our 2500RL floor plan was extremely HOT! And the stainless sink would almost burn your fingers. My girlfriend opened the silverware drawer and it was too hot to pick up and hold. The small side cabinet to the right has a divider and you can just see the furnace area over the top of it so I left that cabinet open to help let heat out of the area. A little on the scary side as we had no other heat. We're from new England and the night time low was upper 40's so we just shut the heat off and toughed it out for the night. But when we took it back over to service the next morning (they were great about getting it right in) I told them that I suspected the reason the bathroom wasn't putting out any volume of warm air was that it was disconnected at "the manifold" or wherever it connects to it's heat source. And sure enough, after going over it, that's exactly what they found and all that heat was going directly into the area under the sink and kitchen cabinets. So all ended well, and a very good service they offer in that free night in a campground directly behind their lot (great BBQ restaurant onsite at the KOA there too!). These things are to be expected in things that travel over bumpy roads. Everything else worked very well and we're very happy with our 2500RL floor plan (although our first choice was the 2250RK, they were out of stock).

So if you ever find your kitchen cabinets and sink getting very hot... you know where to go looking!

Cheers,
    Don

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome from another Tucson owner.

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..and another welcome from a Tucsonan.

-jeff
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
    Greetings everyone, We are picking up our first Grand Design, a 2019 Imagine 2500RL tomorrow here in Tucson. We looked at well over 100 trailers and were really impressed with the build quality and features on the GD. We had been full timing in a Newmar Mountain Aire and downsized last year to an Itasca Navion 24M but it just wasn't a good fit so we sold the Jeep for a truck and traded the Navion for the 2500RL. Planning to take the maiden voyage to Quartzsite for the big show later this week. I'm sure I'll have some questions once we spend some time in it. Can't wait to pick it up!

Cheers,
    Don
    Wow, isn't a Newmar like the end-all of Class A rigs? Going from a Newmar to an Imagine--yep, that is Downsizing (with the appropriate capital "D")! Welcome to the forum!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Wow, isn't a Newmar like the end-all of Class A rigs? Going from a Newmar to an Imagine--yep, that is Downsizing (with the appropriate capital "D")! Welcome to the forum!
    Hi Howard, Well, times change and so do needs. We lived fulltime in the Mountain Aire for a couple years. Now we do casual camping and travel back and forth between homes in ME & AZ. Hoping the Imagine will fill the bill. Off to Quartzsite tomorrow to give it it's first real workout.
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4L 3V
    Our rig