User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Furrion observation camera which I purchased only because the bracket was already on the rig. I use it mainly for a driving for lane changes and watching for someone that may need more space to stop while I'm at a light (try to keep a car length of space). Also use it while backing in but I trust the wife much better where we use cell phones or walkie talkies to communicate at the campsite. The Furrion could be better in the resolution department. This spring I need to wire it into the marker lights since I'm tired of seeing it on all the time while camping.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my old 5th wheel I had three cameras on it. One in the back and one on each side up front. The two up front were nice when you got in to tight places, and watching traffic. I used all of them because I was by myself, no spotter. I am installing four cams on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yattr0 View Post
    I also have the Furrion unit. It is wired to DC internally (power going to rear overhead cabinets and lights below). I added an RF switch which I control from the cab. I have never lost the signal nor has the RF switch failed to operate.

I use the camera to watch traffic behind (rear giew mirror of sorts) and the bike rack if in use. Sort of usefull for backing up - quick check at best.
    Hello yattr0,

I just installed my camera tonight...and sure enough it's power by the rear overhead fuse (constant 12V power). Not sure where it's physically connected yet but I like your RF switch idea. Do you have a link to where you purchased it?

Thank You,
    Jim
    Jim & Deb
    Michigan
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 GMC Denali 3500HD Duramax, 4wd, Crew Cab, 6'6" box, SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim & Deb View Post
    Hello yattr0,

I just installed my camera tonight...and sure enough it's power by the rear overhead fuse (constant 12V power). Not sure where it's physically connected yet but I like your RF switch idea. Do you have a link to where you purchased it?

Thank You,
    Jim
    Trying to figure that out...will let you know once I find it...
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of remote relays I've seen used on this & a truck forum. Amazon has them.

eMylo DC 12V 1CH RF Relay Wireless Remote Control Light Switch 433Mhz Relay Receiver with Wireless Transmitter

AGT 12V Waterproof Wireless Remote Control DC Universal 2-Channel Output Works LED Lights

edit: and Logisys RM02 12V 15AMP Relay Kit with Two Remote Controls - https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...archid=1435051
    Last edited by gbkims; 04-01-2019 at 08:26 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigMo View Post
    I am needing to be schooled on this technology. Thanks for sharing what you know and thanks in advance.
    Mo,
    We impulsively bought the Backup camera at the dealership before researching. Bad on us. After reading here, we would have preferred the Observation camera, as the Backup does not work while you are on the road. Aside from the other issues (wiring-constantly on), know this about the Furrion cameras: your purchase entitles you to a one year warranty. Period. If the unit stops working, they will honor the warranty and replace it, but that replacement is only covered for the remainder of the original purchase year. So, do the research, read reviews, and purchase/install the camera you feel good about, not the one that is conveniently pre wired for you.
    I don’t know HOW expensive Howard’s setup was, but I consider our impulsive purchase “stupid-expensive”.

Oh, and if you do get the Furrion, don’t leave it on over winter in a freezing climate.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello yattr0,

Thank You,
    Jim
    This one Logisys-RM01-Channel-Wireless-Control

https://www.amazon.com/Logisys-RM01-...ateway&sr=8-14
    Current;

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one Logisys-RM01-Channel-Wireless-Control

https://www.amazon.com/Logisys-RM01-...ateway&sr=8-14
    Thank You, where did you find the camera wire connected? I have dropped both rear cabinet lights and switch but still can’t find it.
    Jim
    Jim & Deb
    Michigan
    2016 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You, where did you find the camera wire connected? I have dropped both rear cabinet lights and switch but still can’t find it.
    Jim
    Mine was near the curbside puck light. Had to feel around a bit to locate it.
    Current;

Past;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was near the curbside puck light. Had to feel around a bit to locate it.
    Thanks! I did find it...it was way up in the middle of the cabinet. Was able to snag it with a hooked coat hanger. My switch will arrive tomorrow. Should be good to go!

Thanks again
    Jim
    Jim & Deb
    Michigan
    2016 Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast