User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Sunny Central California but out of here ASAP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wireless Cameras? Backup or Observation? Best value for Momentum 376TH?

I am needing to be schooled on this technology. Thanks for sharing what you know and thanks in advance.
    Embracing the great adventure!
    Bill & Jean in a 2017 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW with a
    Carli 2.5" Leveling King Pintop 2.5 Suspension System
    Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizers towing a
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    hauling a BMW 1600gtl.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion back up , observation camera. These units are pre-wired for this but not really. Some are wired to a light or fan inside, some are wired to the marker light above the camera outside. I like the camera for making lane changes and keeping an eye out behind me. I do not use it for backing up, but will glance at it to see the DW sometimes. I have not had a problem with signal drop except in one place on the way to the rally last year, I think there was a lot of radio or some kind of interference there, phones did not have signal either. Not sure how good they work for longer rigs , mine is 31'. Others on here have bought a bigger antenna for better coverage.
    Its not a must have for me but it is a nice convenience.

Brian

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had just read a write up on http://rv-project.com about Furrion Observation camera.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the Furrion Observation camera and chose to have it wired to the trailer running lights. I wanted to avoid the parasitic drain if it was wired to a hot wire from an interior light. Parking or headlights on on the tow vehicle and the observation camera is on.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the observation camera installed on ours when we bought the travel trailer. Helps for seeing what's right behind you when traveling and is a huge help in backing up the travel trailer.
    It is wired to the running lights so you have to turn on your lights, not use auto lights.
    I am a believer in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the Furrion unit. It is wired to DC internally (power going to rear overhead cabinets and lights below). I added an RF switch which I control from the cab. I have never lost the signal nor has the RF switch failed to operate.

I use the camera to watch traffic behind (rear giew mirror of sorts) and the bike rack if in use. Sort of usefull for backing up - quick check at best.
    Current;
    2017 Reflection 337LRS 5th with 2016 Silverado LTX 3500HD Duramax
    2019 Reflection 367BHS 5th permanent in RV park

Past;
    30' TH TT Weekend Warrior, 36' TH 5th Weekend Warrior (both with Ford F250 diesel)
    26' TT Shadow Cruiser, 30' TT Cougar (both with Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Furrion Observation/Backup camera and I appreciate having it. It is great to have the extra eyes on the road while traveling and it is a good aid when backing into a tight spot. When backing I use it to supplement the time tested practices of “GOAL” - Get Out And Look and using a spotter when indicated.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used another brand of camera other than furrion?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    Has anyone used another brand of camera other than furrion?
    I installed Ford's OEM camera (hard-wired). I also installed a NAVIKS harness (link is to a review thread I posted) that allows me to use the camera while in motion. The combination is stupid-expensive and there are limitations to the NAVIKS, but I went this direction to eliminate one more screen on the dashboard.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditchdigger, We have a Furrion on our new 2500RL but I installed a cheap Camecho camera on our previous TT. It was installed wireless and had some interference trying to get the signal to the truck. I moved the transmitter to the front of the TT and it worked great. Actually had a 7 inch color screen which in my opinion was better than the Furrion we have now. Can't remember the exact cost but was about 80.00 dollars. More of a pain to install and not as neat, but worked fine. The Furrion is great too and took 5 minutes to install in the bracket provided. Don't really like the small screen, wish I had gotten a bigger one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast