Likes Likes:  0

Thread: dehumidifiers?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dehumidifiers?

Took our maiden voyage over the weekend in our New 337. Everything appeared to work as it should. Biggest issue was condensation in windows (really bad). Cold temps and rain. Need suggestions on one or two dehumidifiers.
    Thanks
    David & Beth
    2 Golden Retriever (Romo & Witten)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 337
    2018 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
    B&W Companion
    Ftw. ,Texas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use this dehumidifier (or one very similar) in our Solitude:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-30-pt...30LW/300734665

We empty it every day when we’re on the road during the winter months. I think it weighs like 30 lbs and we store it in the front bedroom closet when we travel. It has made a huge difference in moisture levels in the rv.

A lot of RVers use specialized, smaller dehumidifiers with good results. For us, the one I referenced works great.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use EcoSeb Simple at home and RV. Uses desiccant wheel, very lightweight, quiet. Pulls out a lot of moisture.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had good results with this small compressor model that is light and quiet.

Eurgeen Compact 20 Pint Portable Dehumidifier with Humidity Sensor, Timer, 2 Speed Settings & Auto Shut Off. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GL799PW..._x0upCb6Y6Z2S2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put vent covers on and leave the bath vent open. This helped our condensation issue greatly.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use https://www.amazon.com/Danby-DDR060B...dp/B06XQ9DYQY/ in our 337RLS. run it overnight in the living area and keep the bedroom door open. It pulls out gobs of water overnight.

You can digitally set target Humidity and it will cycle off when it reaches the target. It totally eliminated the condensation on the inside of the windows and walls on cold damp nights.

Here’s some of the sweating condensation we were getting on some inside walls before using the dehumidifier.

Last edited by Jerryr; 01-15-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, never come anywhere close to those moisture levels. Dual pane must really help. We have a couple of the charcoal type water absorbtion plastic tubs that have been used for 6 months and even they haven't filled up! And it hasn't been a dry year in Pa. 30 inches over normal!

Love the dual pane even more now!!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use one similar to the one Tim340 posted. We've had it for years. Actually I mainly use it at home when the trailer is stored to keep moisture and mildew down. We'll bring it camping when it's cold. Camping this weekend and expecting nights of 29 -30. So we'll have it along. Rather have it and not need it... At the time I looked for a smaller one and really didn't find anything decent. We've used the damp-rid buckets and never really was impressed and always worried about dumping one over. It has the extra benefit of warming up the air so acts as a second heater.
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billman View Post
    I use one similar to the one Tim340 posted. We've had it for years. Actually I mainly use it at home when the trailer is stored to keep moisture and mildew down. We'll bring it camping when it's cold. Camping this weekend and expecting nights of 29 -30. So we'll have it along. Rather have it and not need it... At the time I looked for a smaller one and really didn't find anything decent. We've used the damp-rid buckets and never really was impressed and always worried about dumping one over. It has the extra benefit of warming up the air so acts as a second heater.
    Thank you.
    David & Beth
    2 Golden Retriever (Romo & Witten)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 337
    2018 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
    B&W Companion
    Ftw. ,Texas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New owner here with limited experience but simply running the vent fan today removed all of our condensation that had built up overnight.