Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator/Main breaker question

So if I am running a 2200 xlt Westinghouse, and I simply want to use the 2200 inverter to run a few things in the rig, when I turned the main breaker (30 amp 150 series 230RL) the generator immediately overloaded. I haven't used these types of generator/inverters before with an RV. I only had lights and the TV on during that time, no AC, no microwave , no heat, etc. I used a 30 to 15amp adapter. What did I miss? The microwave and TV will not come on without the main breaker, but just flipping the breaker even with those items off brought the generator down. I suck at electricity.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There might be other things powered up that you may not realize. Are the water heater and converter breakers turned off? I would suggest turning off all the individual breakers. You should be able to turn on the main breakers without bringing down the generator. If not, you have a generator to trailer problem. If the generator survives turning on the main breakers with no load, you can work through which sub-circuits you can turn on.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, it was the water heater. Totally forgot about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkadotti View Post
    Thanks, it was the water heater. Totally forgot about it.
    That will do it..