User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Imagine 2400BH Owner

We have been looking into a new TT for about a year (I know we are slow, I tend to over-analyze). We really like the Imagine 2400BH and are close to pulling the trigger, but would like a few more opinions and owner experience.

Currently we have a 23' Jayco JayFlight, we really like it and like the small package < 27'. We want bigger bunks for the kids, and we need more storage, and want a real bed, instead of a Murphy.

My concerns about the Imagine 2400BH are:

• Fridge in the slide and slightly smaller fridge than our current TT.
    • Solid Steps that fold into to the rig, harder to access the rig on the road, and putting them away wet and dirty.
    • Lack of access to the fridge and the bedroom with slide in.
    • Current TT has the CRE3000 and I really like it, not sure if it can be added.
    • I have read about tire rubbing on the 2800BH, and looks like they have upgraded axles for 2019, any similar issues on the 2400BH or other ground clearance issues?
    • Schwintec slide performance and reliability.
    • We are loosing the Murphy couch from our current TT.

I would like to hear from owners on any likes, dislikes, or problems they have had, and any additional opinions on my concerns above, maybe some or all are unwarranted.

Thanks so much for all the great info here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have my eye on a 2400bh. Not one person has any input?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempkafamily View Post
    I too have my eye on a 2400bh. Not one person has any input?
    I can not believe there is no one with any input for this camper either. Know there is some owners here.
    Hello members , can anyone help with this?????

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briantax View Post
    We have been looking into a new TT for about a year (I know we are slow, I tend to over-analyze). We really like the Imagine 2400BH and are close to pulling the trigger, but would like a few more opinions and owner experience.

Currently we have a 23' Jayco JayFlight, we really like it and like the small package < 27'. We want bigger bunks for the kids, and we need more storage, and want a real bed, instead of a Murphy.

My concerns about the Imagine 2400BH are:

• Fridge in the slide and slightly smaller fridge than our current TT.
    • Solid Steps that fold into to the rig, harder to access the rig on the road, and putting them away wet and dirty.
    • Lack of access to the fridge and the bedroom with slide in.
    • Current TT has the CRE3000 and I really like it, not sure if it can be added.
    • I have read about tire rubbing on the 2800BH, and looks like they have upgraded axles for 2019, any similar issues on the 2400BH or other ground clearance issues?
    • Schwintec slide performance and reliability.
    • We are loosing the Murphy couch from our current TT.

I would like to hear from owners on any likes, dislikes, or problems they have had, and any additional opinions on my concerns above, maybe some or all are unwarranted.

Thanks so much for all the great info here.

Patience please! Some of us have to trudge through the snow and blow ice off our keyboards before we can type. (I had missed the first post somehow)

I cannot say much about the fridge except it is a fridge and it works. Having it in the slide has not been an issue for us.
    The steps do need to be cleaned off before you dump them inside your trailer, no doubt. The upside is once you have used a step set that goes solidly to the ground, you will never think of the bottom hanging ones the same again. They are like walking on a wet noodle.
    With the slide in, you can access the fridge. You cannot access the bedroom at all, unless you go in the fire window.
    I installed the CRE3000 last fall on our 2400.
    We have had no issues with ground clearance to date. The CRE 3000 upgrade adds about 3/4" clearance as well
    Keep the slide greased and the seals lubricated. We have had no issues, but have not used it a tremendous amount yet either. These rules apply for any slide though.
    We had a Murphy in our first TT. We could never get comfortable with the fold and ended up buying a real mattress, then we could not fold the bed up anymore, so upgraded to the 2400 and put our mattress in it. No looking back.

Other notes, you have a choice of the dinette or theater seating. We went with the theater seating because we found we eat outside almost all of the time. If we do need to eat inside, it comes with a small table that attaches to the theater seating.
    If you add a couple small folding chairs, that you might have for outside anyway, you can sit 4 people at it. I am going to adjust the tube that holds the table though, as it is a bit too tall for our liking. That will allow me to fix the angle as well.

This summer we have a large trip out west planned, so really looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx jh. Great info.

Ray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Patience please! Some of us have to trudge through the snow and blow ice off our keyboards before we can type. (I had missed the first post somehow)

I cannot say much about the fridge except it is a fridge and it works. Having it in the slide has not been an issue for us.
    The steps do need to be cleaned off before you dump them inside your trailer, no doubt. The upside is once you have used a step set that goes solidly to the ground, you will never think of the bottom hanging ones the same again. They are like walking on a wet noodle.
    With the slide in, you can access the fridge. You cannot access the bedroom at all, unless you go in the fire window.
    I installed the CRE3000 last fall on our 2400.
    We have had no issues with ground clearance to date. The CRE 3000 upgrade adds about 3/4" clearance as well
    Keep the slide greased and the seals lubricated. We have had no issues, but have not used it a tremendous amount yet either. These rules apply for any slide though.
    We had a Murphy in our first TT. We could never get comfortable with the fold and ended up buying a real mattress, then we could not fold the bed up anymore, so upgraded to the 2400 and put our mattress in it. No looking back.

Other notes, you have a choice of the dinette or theater seating. We went with the theater seating because we found we eat outside almost all of the time. If we do need to eat inside, it comes with a small table that attaches to the theater seating.
    If you add a couple small folding chairs, that you might have for outside anyway, you can sit 4 people at it. I am going to adjust the tube that holds the table though, as it is a bit too tall for our liking. That will allow me to fix the angle as well.

This summer we have a large trip out west planned, so really looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Jim
    Jim, tell/show me your solar set up please. I have the same rig.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure thing. Check out this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-in-an-Imagine

It kind of bled over in this one too: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...BH-or-anything
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Sure thing. Check out this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-in-an-Imagine

It kind of bled over in this one too: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...BH-or-anything
    Will do thanks.

Do you remember which CRE3000 you purchased (wheel base) and bolt kit?