Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 volt feed on solitude

I am on the road and just figured out that the tow vehicle isn't charging the trailer batteries. Does anyone know if there is a fuse in the trailer for the charge wire. Truck plug has power. Taking a break right now with generator running.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Nuffsaid,

There was one in my truck ( or rather the absence of one )
    Don & Jane Kyle
    Dash, our camping dog ( English Cocker Spaniel )
    26' TT
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500

Here are the states we have camped in

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the power coming from the truck is not a lot. Under the pin box is the silver metal box that the camper pig tail ties into the camper. Remove the cover plate and check in there, it may not be connected or has become dis-connected, use caution , this is a mess and could be done better by GD or any manufacture. If everything is good there you will have to check at the battery or if you have a strip of breakers , like my reflection, there may be something there.

Brian

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the truck charged the batteries in the past do you know? My first thought is bad connection at the trailer cord end, corrosion or bent pins? I've had to clean them before on prior trailers. The clearance lights would work fine but not the charge wire.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a theory, I had all the tank heaters on and with the furnace running, the charge line can't keep up. I turned off the tank heaters for now, a little warmer in Elko,NV tonight than the 0 degree high driving through Wyoming today.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I have a theory, I had all the tank heaters on and with the furnace running, the charge line can't keep up. I turned off the tank heaters for now, a little warmer in Elko,NV tonight than the 0 degree high driving through Wyoming today.
    ^^^This. I think you'll probably be ok with less charging requirements.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin