User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newly acquired 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS

As my sig lines indicate, I'm now the owner a lightly used 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS bought from original private party seller and brought home a few days ago. Um, but not with my otherwise stellar Ford F150 which I call my "More Practical Raptor" due to significantly increased payload and tow rating. More than sufficient for prior listed TTs or larger but with chassis clearly lacking for this class of RV, so instead towed home by forum member yattr0's stellar Chevy 3500 Duramax!

No matter. Mine will primarily be used "park model" style left in place at an RV park in Arizona's easternmost high elevation White Mountains. OK, the back story. My good friends and forum member @yattr0 with his life partner wife since teenage sweetheart enjoyed two full months there during September/October with they in their own 337RLS (bought new) and me solo in my 2017 Lance 1685. Lance RVs are high quality units, however I found myself having "cabin fever" with my RV parked in one place continuously vs towed with a day or so at each destination. We (collectively) decided to return to same park this year and hopefully beyond, at which point I knew I needed a larger unit with comfortable seating for reading or watching TV/movies. Towed that Lance home, advertised it and sold to new owners quite recently. Meanwhile, I started shopping new GD units with most recent conclusion for a new 2019 Transcend 31RLS as more "budget friendly" alternative to Reflection series. While trading negotiation emails with Arizona GD dealers, the subject 337RLS popped up as new Craigslist private party ad which I jumped on immediately with encouragement from said friends.

Projects so far have been limited to completely freshening the interior (all walls, ceilings, cabinets in/out, appliances in/out plus bathroom and bedroom too. This one was factory equipped with 12 cu' fridge, 2nd awning, 2nd A/C unit plus the king size bed option. No desire for king bed, so already removed and cut the platform bed support boards to fit queen mattress subsequently ordered from Mattress Insider. Area rugs also purchased and now in place, so my next phase is exterior cleaning/waxing (first time since brand new). BTW, all extraneous non-VIN specific product warning decals/labels are now gone as is my preference!

No need for replies - just the semi-obligatory introduction, having registered to this forum a few months ago with this being my first post...
    Last edited by DirtDawg; 01-15-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well welcome anyhow, congrats, and will be looking forward toward your input.

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the process of outfitting this RV both for my convenience and enjoyment. One item purchased for function and fun is shown below. Its sized just right for the space while leaving a single dinette chair in place plus durable and light enough (being cast resin) to move out to the patio when desired.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bear table.jpg   Bear table 2.jpg  
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new to you 337. Like the bear (beer) table.
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 F350 CC 4X4 SB
    B&W Companion Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to rip out the Captains chairs and dinette and put in two nice recliners which fit and a computer desk. That is my goal this year when temps get warmer
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l 4x4 regular cab 3.73 gears 68rfe trans. Payload 6255lbs
    2016 Reflection 337rls